Teavana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teavana Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.3

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Very thorough, and professional. Regional director interview. Awaiting verdict. Very challenging, but fair. Was glad to be given opportunity. 2 phone based interviews both completely different. Both very comprehensive and appropriate. Was asked both personality and scenario based questions. Which were easy to understand and answer. They are looking for an in depth business knowledge.

Team Member Interview

Interview

Easy and casual. Not really an interview. I interviewed in the store with manager and the manager asked me several questions about my work schedule and what I expect from the working there. The manager also asked if I had experience in sales.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was easy but the manager didn't seem very interested in the interview. The interview started very late from the given time and barely lasted 20 mins. When I entered the store the only other employee was getting a lecture for not meeting sales goal and it seems like it's a common theme among teavana.

General Manager Interview

Interview

The first step in the interview process was having a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple first interview mainly just to get a fill for you. The recruiter will be your main source of contact throughout the interviewing process. She was great, contacted me about a hour after filling out the online applicationand was on time. If you pass that you will move on to interview with the area manager this can face to face or over the phone. The question was basic questions you would expect when interviewing for a management position in a sales based environment. Than you are moved on to a peer area manager interview with basically the same questions. The first three interviews moved pretty quickly in a matter of two weeks. After my peer interview I received a call from the recruiter that I was still being considered. Two and have weeks later I was scheduled to interview with the regional manager which lasted about 45 minutes. He ask more in-depth questions. About two hours later the recruiter call to offer the position. The whole process took exactly one month, my first interview was on February 26th and my last was on March 26th.

Negotiation

No negotiating on my end. The offer was more than I was expecting

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teavana in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied in February and reviewed an unexpected phone call for an interview in April, I was told this is because they hold their applications until they need someone. The process was extremely relaxed and the manager kept me in the loop through the entire process. They offered me a job shortly after the interview and the manager was very enthusiastic to have me on board. The process was all extremely comfortable, and I am excited for my time here.

Interview Questions

• Why would you prefer to work for Teavana over Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had to suggest a product to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had to meet sales goals, and how you motivate yourself to do so.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very thorough to start. There were three interviews in total. The first interview was all about learning more about the company. It was very informative and the benefits package for full time employees are excellent! Blue Cross Blue Shield with free tuition at Arizona State University. The second interview was very short and quick. More of a formality to get to know each other and what my interest is with joining the company. The third interview was with the overall director. Same as the second interview with a touch of the first..informative with plenty of exchange in knowledge and interests in joining the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Both manager and general manager interviewed me and read straight from a booklet. Seemed really uninterested and confused as to how to interview someone. Manager seemed like she didn't know what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got good customer service and how that impacted you.   Answer Question

Teavana - Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Humble, TX).

Interview

She was late. The interview before mine was over 30 mins while mine only lasted 7.
    she acted like she wasn't interested and kept rolling her eyes. It was like she was going through the motions. Nothing was prepared. She had to think about what to ask. Afterwards I called liked asked me to and no manager was available.

Interview Questions

• so with photography, when you were faced with something difficult, how do you go about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Greensboro, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager interviewed me, then I was called 2 weeks later for a 2nd interview with an employee whom I would manage, then I had a phone interview with the regional manager, then I was called to set up a 4th interview! That's a lot of interviews for a position that only pays $12/hour. Needless to say it took over a month and by then I had accepted a different job that pays $7 more an hour for essentially the same position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two employees that didn't work well together?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple process. Lots of questions about problem-solving and tea. Was quite laid back and had a lot of interesting conversation involved. The questions felt easy to answer but relevant to the job I was applying to. Tea was amazingly not the main subject, it was mostly about how you handle situations and problems. So if you're a great problem solver, you'll be set in an interview at Teavana.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done in another job that you feel has impacted a customer's life personally   1 Answer