Teavana Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.2

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (Norfolk, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and easy, she asked me questions that I knew how to answer. She was nice and said I probably have plenty of experience from working at my current job (grocery store). She told me she'd had other interviews and would call me in a few days to be fair, but she sent me a rejection email 15 minutes after my interview. I was shocked because I thought the interview went well so I called her and asked why and she said "we need someone for Christmas" and I told her that was available for Christmas, then she said "maybe that was someone else, we also need someone with more experience". This also confused me because she told that I probably had plenty of experience in the interview and the job description said no previous experience is needed. Either she was confused or not being truthful. Overall, this was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Fairview Heights, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied mid/late-April. Was finally asked to come in and interview on a Friday afternoon in late May. A positive thing is that I did get a free drink. However, the questions were tough. Was told I would hear back in a week and never received a call. As of the time of this review, it has been a month since my interview. I am glad I applied elsewhere and got a job because this interview process was terrible.

Interview Questions

• Think of one thing you use on a regular basis. Now - try to convince me to buy this item.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Norfolk, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with the manager. You have to do the application online first before one is set up. It's a pretty simple interview where the manager asks you questions from a paper she has with her.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teavana (Manchester, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. The manager brought me over to the food court, asked me my past retail and sales experience. How well I am at upselling, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Both manager and general manager interviewed me and read straight from a booklet. Seemed really uninterested and confused as to how to interview someone. Manager seemed like she didn't know what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got good customer service and how that impacted you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Tysons Corner, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They ask you about previous experience and some basic interview questions, depending on your manager they will hire you on the spot if you come in person or you should apply online and then come in to check. They start of by getting to know you, my interview was done outside Nordstrom Cafe, they then start asking why you want the job, and what you know about the company and then moving on to the interview questions and the last question would be how much you would want to get paid hourly here and from there depending on your personality type they will hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Durham, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Sit down with the manager, only interested in previous sales experience and if you had ever done taste testings. Don't try to talk about tea with teavana they don't care.

Interview Questions

• Taste Testings/Flavor Profiles   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Rockford, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was warmly greeted at the door and offered my choice of tea while I waited for the interview to begin. My interviewer was pretty dry and slightly intimidating, but I think that was just his personality. We talked through the questions and chit-chatted about both of our sports experiences. Decent process overall and he answered any questions I gave him pretty diplomatically. Not a bad interview overall.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you failed and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a week or two to get an interview. Interview was smooth, but after saying they would call back I never got a call. I thought a did well anyways, but whatever to them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to change your beliefs in order to help others?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Teavana in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was not too challenging for the most part. Many expected, from-the book interview questions. They do ask why you want to work at Teavana and test your knowledge about the company, so read up. At the end of the interview, they may ask you to sell them a cup of tea. Be prepared! I was called back on the day of my interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you had to take the lead. How did you accomplish your goal?   Answer Question