Teavana Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teavana Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Norfolk, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with the manager. You have to do the application online first before one is set up. It's a pretty simple interview where the manager asks you questions from a paper she has with her.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teavana (Manchester, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. The manager brought me over to the food court, asked me my past retail and sales experience. How well I am at upselling, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you de-escalate a situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Both manager and general manager interviewed me and read straight from a booklet. Seemed really uninterested and confused as to how to interview someone. Manager seemed like she didn't know what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got good customer service and how that impacted you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Tysons Corner, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They ask you about previous experience and some basic interview questions, depending on your manager they will hire you on the spot if you come in person or you should apply online and then come in to check. They start of by getting to know you, my interview was done outside Nordstrom Cafe, they then start asking why you want the job, and what you know about the company and then moving on to the interview questions and the last question would be how much you would want to get paid hourly here and from there depending on your personality type they will hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Durham, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Sit down with the manager, only interested in previous sales experience and if you had ever done taste testings. Don't try to talk about tea with teavana they don't care.

Interview Questions

• Taste Testings/Flavor Profiles   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Rockford, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was warmly greeted at the door and offered my choice of tea while I waited for the interview to begin. My interviewer was pretty dry and slightly intimidating, but I think that was just his personality. We talked through the questions and chit-chatted about both of our sports experiences. Decent process overall and he answered any questions I gave him pretty diplomatically. Not a bad interview overall.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you failed and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a week or two to get an interview. Interview was smooth, but after saying they would call back I never got a call. I thought a did well anyways, but whatever to them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to change your beliefs in order to help others?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Teavana in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was not too challenging for the most part. Many expected, from-the book interview questions. They do ask why you want to work at Teavana and test your knowledge about the company, so read up. At the end of the interview, they may ask you to sell them a cup of tea. Be prepared! I was called back on the day of my interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you had to take the lead. How did you accomplish your goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Aventura, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I was approached by one of the hiring managers. We chatted briefly. I submitted an application online and dropped my resume off at the store. Days later i received a call and a job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online then handed a hard copy of my cover letter and resume in to the store. It took so long for them to contact me that I was surprised by the call. The manager said they'd pulled my information off of the database and would like an interview.

I showed up ten minutes early and got to talking to the employees while I waited for the manager. I asked them about products and promotions and had them show me different teas. They offered me a cup and I declined. I later found out that they usually use what tea you choose as an ice breaker for the interview.

During my interview, the manager and I talked about sales tactics and how many sales per hour would be expected. She explained that it was a competitive environment. She also mentioned that there was a management position open and that they only promote from within, so I would have a chance to work towards it. The Starbucks partnership was also reviewed.

At the end of my interview, I asked about what seasonal promotions and teas were coming out. I had done my research before hand and asked about the smores tea that had just been released. She took me back to the store and had me try it and we had easy conversation while she brewed my tea.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Opportunity to move up in the company very soon