Teavana Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

1.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Prior to my interview, I had submitted an application online, turned in a resume in person, and talked to the manager of the store I was applying for. Within a week, I had gotten and interview call and met with the assistant manager for a first interview.

We sat down at a coffee shop and she asked me the standard battery of questions, such as "why do you want to work here" or "what was your prior work experience and how do you think it will help you in this job." The interview was for a sales position, so I highlighted my people skills and customer service experience in my answers. I only had one interview and was offered the job the next day, although there are usually two interviews before they give you an offer.

As an employee, I know that a standard part of the interview process is where the interviewer makes applicants stand at the front of the store by the tea cart and has the applicant attempt to bring customers into the store to try the teas. This is to test your ability to approach strangers and demonstrate professional competence. Applicants are also made to sample the two teas at the front of the store and asked to describe the flavors. You are also required to remember the teas and some factoids about them. The more you remember the better.

Interview Questions

• "What is your favorite candy, and how would you sell it to me?"   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

smooth easy nice, cool, nice interviewer, make sure to get there 10 minutes before, and dont be late bad sign. Wear something nice, but not overly nice, keep up the hygene

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt something inside that was different from what you showed on the outside   Answer Question