Teavana Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teavana Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in store and online, was asked to interview, was hired within a week. You're usually asked to come to the store location (a mall usually) and then you will interview with one of the managers (usually assistant manager).

Interview Questions

• They prepare you a tea to drink during the interview and then ask you to sell the tea as if you are selling it to a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Literally the next day, I got a call from the general manager. The actual interview was short and sweet. Got a free tea on the house, sat down and talked about what kind of background and experiences I have. Got asked a lot about my future plans, which seemed to strike a good chord with the general manager at the time.

Team Member Interview

Interview

Easy and casual. Not really an interview. I interviewed in the store with manager and the manager asked me several questions about my work schedule and what I expect from the working there. The manager also asked if I had experience in sales.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple process. Lots of questions about problem-solving and tea. Was quite laid back and had a lot of interesting conversation involved. The questions felt easy to answer but relevant to the job I was applying to. Tea was amazingly not the main subject, it was mostly about how you handle situations and problems. So if you're a great problem solver, you'll be set in an interview at Teavana.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done in another job that you feel has impacted a customer's life personally   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, asked me about my sales approach and got to drink a cup of tea while in the interview. I was also asked about my previous job experiences, and was asked pretty much normal/average interview questions. It was also nice because I got to talk about my love of tea, and they asked me a little bit about why I like tea so much.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Appleton, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great! I placed my application 3 weeks prior to my interview and recieved a phone call from the AGM and we set up an interview the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

They ask why would you like to work for them and if you've had any food/beverage experience at all. They also ask things like, "what do you like to do in your free time?" And they give an example of different scenarios and want you to explain how you would solve them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (Bellingham, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very general interview. They look for previous interview experience.I was greeted with a cup of tea so the mood was very relaxed which made the interview less stressful. It was a 1:1 interview with the store manager who was very friendly.The overall experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

The interview starts off with you tasting different teas and picking your favorite one.You get free tea so that is a major plus!During the interview you get asked very personal questions that you probably wouldn't expect from a company but you have to be ready for anything. Just be calm and also be honest.You can be comfortable but not too comfortable remember it is still an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt something inside that was different from what you showed on the outside.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, checked back in store, and scheduled an interview on the spot. I showed up, they gave me a glass of tea (of my choice) and we sat outside the store - very easy interview. They try to get to know you as a person.