Teavana Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.3

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teavana (Ontario, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Showed up early (15 mins), waited for other to arrive. while waiting I smelled the tea they had out and look at the products that were on display. Then we all went out of the store to fine setting for the interview. We sat next to a baby that screamed cried the whole time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Orange, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The other team members were nice and friendly. I was offered advice on the process and what to expect. The team lead was supportive and helpful in getting my interview set up with the manager. The manager was nice on the phone, however the job was not available since Teavana as a company is being closed in all malls.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teavana in April 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview before I applied online because I spoke to the manager about working there while I was shopping. I applied online and my interview was 2 days later. I was asked various questions about myself as well as the company and working at Teavana. It was a pretty simple interview, but the interviewer's emotions were hard to read so I couldn't tell if they liked me or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how competitive are you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were competitive and you succeeded.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and you didn't reach it and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Toledo, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager offers you a cup of tea and you discuss the "STAR" questions required by Starbucks companies. Questions about sales history are definitely required. Then, they will look over your resume and ask questions off of that. Be polite and enthusiastic! Easy Interview

Interview Questions

• What does "up-selling" mean to you in your previous work history?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in store and online, was asked to interview, was hired within a week. You're usually asked to come to the store location (a mall usually) and then you will interview with one of the managers (usually assistant manager).

Interview Questions

• They prepare you a tea to drink during the interview and then ask you to sell the tea as if you are selling it to a customer.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Literally the next day, I got a call from the general manager. The actual interview was short and sweet. Got a free tea on the house, sat down and talked about what kind of background and experiences I have. Got asked a lot about my future plans, which seemed to strike a good chord with the general manager at the time.

Team Member Interview

Interview

Easy and casual. Not really an interview. I interviewed in the store with manager and the manager asked me several questions about my work schedule and what I expect from the working there. The manager also asked if I had experience in sales.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple process. Lots of questions about problem-solving and tea. Was quite laid back and had a lot of interesting conversation involved. The questions felt easy to answer but relevant to the job I was applying to. Tea was amazingly not the main subject, it was mostly about how you handle situations and problems. So if you're a great problem solver, you'll be set in an interview at Teavana.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done in another job that you feel has impacted a customer's life personally   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, asked me about my sales approach and got to drink a cup of tea while in the interview. I was also asked about my previous job experiences, and was asked pretty much normal/average interview questions. It was also nice because I got to talk about my love of tea, and they asked me a little bit about why I like tea so much.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Appleton, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great! I placed my application 3 weeks prior to my interview and recieved a phone call from the AGM and we set up an interview the next day.