Tech Data Interview Questions in Clearwater, FL | Glassdoor

2.8

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

One way computer HR interview with Generic Questions about how you deal with customers and some personal questions followed by 2 person phone interview with the Hiring manager and Technical Staff. This was for the Cisco Role.

One month and a week later they still did not get back to me despite mailing them repeatedly. Huge companies like TechData don't value a person's time. I understand if everyone can't be reached after a one way initial screening but it's utterly disrespectful of the company to be knee-deep in the process and not update the candidate with any decision a month later.

ASR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying, I received an invite for a video interview the next day. They invited me to a face to face within the same day. During the face to face they asked me very specific questions about past work experience, and quizzed me on my knowledge of the company. There were two people interviewing me and the one lady didn't seem very interested in what I had to say. After hounding me for specific examples of past work related scenarios for about an hour, they put me on the sales floor and had someone teach me how to do the job. She quickly went over how to do enter all the data and then made me do it myself. It wasn't that hard and I did fine. After about two hours of intense interviewing for a job where you are just filling out data and sending emails for most of the day, I went home and checked my email a few days later to find I wasn't offered the job. I appreciate them getting back to me so soon, but I wish they didn't waste so much of my time when the interviewer didn't seem to have much interest from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite thing about your last job? Your least favorite? (They asked this about every job listed on my resume)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy going one-way video interview then I had two in person interviews a the Clearwater, Fl location. The first video interview was a pre-recorded interview, if you pass that you are called in fro an in-person interview.

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and 1 week later was asked to do a video interview. Then 5 weeks later got called in for 2 on-site interviews. Both of which went really smooth. Both managers were extremely pleasant and nice. After both interviews I was scheduled for a third on-site interview 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about techdata?   1 Answer

ASR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and simple. the interviewers will take you into an HR interview room, and ask you questions relating to job experience, what makes you right for the job, what are you best qualities, etc... They will then take you up stairs to work through some SAP scenarios to see how you grasp the computer system, and computer skills in general.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Multiple interviews with a lengthy application process even before I got called in for an interview. The ask behavioral type questions during the interview process. They didn't hire me at first because they had a hiring freeze on as they did this quite often to save money and hit their numbers so executives to make their bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your customer was upset and what did you do to handle it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Short, not too specific. The job description was quite vague so it seemed that the interview was just to get a body in the position. When asked specifics, the interviewer gave broad answers. The interview was friendly, but I have heard that it varies by department and manager. Later I found out that the manager that was supposed to interview me was out sick, but they didn't want to cancel as the need to hire was urgent.

Interview Questions

• How soon I can start. So it seems they don't get too many highly qualified candidates.   1 Answer
    • They asked my pay range that was acceptable and then came back with an offer much lower. Negotiating got me a little more, but not much. I took it as it's a way for me to get back into the workforce and that they are located close to my home so I sacrificed pay for conveniance.   Answer Question

Associate Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Participated in one-way video interview first. Interviewed with Hiring Manager and team members at Clearwater location after completing in-depth online application. Received automated e-mail two months later that position had been filled. They were nice enough to stay in communication with me during the two-month wait whenever I attempted to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions (i.e. strengths, weaknesses, how I have changed my style in the past after being criticized, where I saw myself in five years). I was asked why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Solutions Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to an open house. On those days they run them from 3-7 and tell you you can arrive any time in there. First you're interviewed by a representative from HR, and then two representatives from Sales.

I was there for almost five hours, so make sure you get there early-ish and make sure schedule is wide open whenever you do.

Interview Questions

• We're going to test your ability to sell things. Sell yourself being hired to me.   1 Answer

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Recorded video interview, which is a bit awkward. Then, One on One with the hiring manager. It was relaxed in one of the available offices. You will sometimes interview with the Director or other senior managers at the company if you successfully pass the first interview with the hiring manager.