Tech Data Interview Questions in Clearwater, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy going one-way video interview then I had two in person interviews a the Clearwater, Fl location. The first video interview was a pre-recorded interview, if you pass that you are called in fro an in-person interview.

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and 1 week later was asked to do a video interview. Then 5 weeks later got called in for 2 on-site interviews. Both of which went really smooth. Both managers were extremely pleasant and nice. After both interviews I was scheduled for a third on-site interview 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about techdata?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Multiple interviews with a lengthy application process even before I got called in for an interview. The ask behavioral type questions during the interview process. They didn't hire me at first because they had a hiring freeze on as they did this quite often to save money and hit their numbers so executives to make their bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your customer was upset and what did you do to handle it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Short, not too specific. The job description was quite vague so it seemed that the interview was just to get a body in the position. When asked specifics, the interviewer gave broad answers. The interview was friendly, but I have heard that it varies by department and manager. Later I found out that the manager that was supposed to interview me was out sick, but they didn't want to cancel as the need to hire was urgent.

Interview Questions

• How soon I can start. So it seems they don't get too many highly qualified candidates.   1 Answer
    • They asked my pay range that was acceptable and then came back with an offer much lower. Negotiating got me a little more, but not much. I took it as it's a way for me to get back into the workforce and that they are located close to my home so I sacrificed pay for conveniance.   Answer Question

Associate Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Participated in one-way video interview first. Interviewed with Hiring Manager and team members at Clearwater location after completing in-depth online application. Received automated e-mail two months later that position had been filled. They were nice enough to stay in communication with me during the two-month wait whenever I attempted to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions (i.e. strengths, weaknesses, how I have changed my style in the past after being criticized, where I saw myself in five years). I was asked why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Solutions Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to an open house. On those days they run them from 3-7 and tell you you can arrive any time in there. First you're interviewed by a representative from HR, and then two representatives from Sales.

I was there for almost five hours, so make sure you get there early-ish and make sure schedule is wide open whenever you do.

Interview Questions

• We're going to test your ability to sell things. Sell yourself being hired to me.   1 Answer

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Recorded video interview, which is a bit awkward. Then, One on One with the hiring manager. It was relaxed in one of the available offices. You will sometimes interview with the Director or other senior managers at the company if you successfully pass the first interview with the hiring manager.

SSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Normal interview process, nothing too difficult. Standard interview questions. Most questions pertained to previous employment history. They ask you to type out your five year plan on a computer to assess typing skills.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview went smoothly. Was hired with about 30 people. I had 3 one on one interviews in the same day. All the managers that I interviewed with were nice and also understanding. Also all the questions that they asked me were the normal interview questions. (You can look that stuff up)

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tech Data (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through a temp agency which required a basic MS office skill test, background check, and quick interview. This was then followed by a managerial interview and a "meet the team" style sit down to go over processes and test out a team culture fit.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the product line?   1 Answer
    • What previous customer service experience I had?   1 Answer
    • What are some ways I overcame a difficult situation?   1 Answer
    • What are my biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer