Tech Mahindra Senior Solutions Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tech Mahindra Senior Solutions Architect Interview Questions

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tech Mahindra (New Delhi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

HR calls up for Salary expectations , Interview Schedule etc. On Interview confirmation call , they would evade questions about Interviewer , his name , role , experience . Its normal expectation from the interviewee and a general Practice to to tell about the general profile of the panel , especially more so for senior roles of 15+ years . They were determined not to disclose for reasons best known to them. Other companies are sensitive to this and would proactively tell about the panel even without asking, but not TM :) .

Interview Questions

• Even though I applied for "Senior Solutions Architect " , I was interviewed for a COTS product I specialized in .This was an expectation set and agreed during HR interactions.

The interviewer appeared Technical Architect and relied on general scenario based questions which were either deliberately muffled or there was a severe a handicap in articulation . While replying , I tested him by also specifying how its done in my technology and he was caught when he misunderstood/confused terms for 'configuration' , constructs , IDE etc used in the COTS product. My fault was that I lost my patience and became loud-mouthed and sarcastic , even started cross-questioning.

While I don't blame the interviewer , I think HR/Management should at least be transparent with senior people when all other companies are upfront and candid about normal queries.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tech Mahindra

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tech Mahindra in May 2012.

Interview

HR contacted for determining suitability of candidature. Interviewed by manager and VP. Was given positive feedback during the interview. HR sent email after a week that read as "they do found your communications and leadership as suitable but not for both the role that they are currently looking for them"

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tech Mahindra (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

There were couple of round of technical interview followed by manager's interview. There were also a pre and post HR interviews in order to fix the compensation. Documents were to upload directly to send to HR coordinator and upload to the site prior to employment offer letter was released

Interview Questions

• There were couple of round of technical interview followed by manager's interview. There were also a pre and post HR interviews.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tech Mahindra in September 2009.

Interview

Good chaps, called at the appropriate time, were very punctual, and also seemed to be intelligent people. A rare breed today in many companies. Started off with a brief description of current job role, followed by questions on Core Java, slowly upping the tempo. About an hour long interview focussing on knowledge of core concepts as well as programming skills. Also checked problem solving skills. Nice experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Design an MVC architecture without using any of the standard set of components.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tech Mahindra (Pune (India)) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is very "requirements specific". A lot of weight-age is given to skills and experience as it matches to immediate project requirements as opposed to overall "organizational value".
    It is a highly services delivery driven work culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you can determine the market situation with respect to current demand for particular skills/experience, no. of other cos hiring for similar profiles and if there is live project that requires people to be hired, there is a better chance of negotiation. IN general the first offer is always low. Needto negotiate seperately with the HR team and with the project/domain teams.