TechSmith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith in October 2017.

Interview

Two step interview. Initial technical interview was via phone . Second round of technical and behavioral questions with a programming exercise was a skype interview. The second round of interview had a panel that consisted of Developer, Program manager, Build Engineer and HR manager

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith.

Interview

The interview consisted of twenty minute phone interview. After that I was invited to their campus for an on site interview. Every single person that I met at their headquarters was extremely nice and seemed happy. I met with a room full of people, each one introduced themselves and proceeded to ask me a set of questions ranging from the usual "describe a time you went above and beyond" to more technical questions. At one point they asked me to name various types of file extensions that I knew and the programs that I tend to use for virus removals.

At the end of the interview, everybody stepped out except for one gentlemen who lent me his computer and asked me to write two help desk tickets to customers facing two different problems. They do this partially to see how you will respond to clients and also to see how you do under pressure. This part of the interview was a bit nerve-wracking because the guy is just sitting right next to you the whole time on his phone. In the end I got an email saying "we have chosen not to pursue you" which I feel could have been worded a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to work with a difficult person on your team and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair of a university, and offered an on campus interview within 3 days. They will ask you to apply online as well, which requires a resume and cover letter (not optional). They will also email you some forms and formal applications to fill out and bring to them when you go for the interview

Interview Questions

• given a positive integer, and then output the reverse of it. eg: given 1234, output 4321   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview following up with two more on site interviews. I was kinda nervous because this is my first phone interview ever. But in overall, everything is just as normal interview, nothing too crazy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TechSmith in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and they were quick about getting to back to me. The interview was easy and straightforward-- some behavioral questions and questions about my previous projects and programming experience. There was a chance for me to ask about the company, and then about half an hour of whiteboard problems. Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. Both interviewers were very friendly, and it was a pretty laid-back experience.

Interview Questions

• Whose responsibility is it to make sure the final product works well? (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TechSmith (East Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Brought into office for interview. About half hour of general interview questions which felt more like a conversation. Many chances to ask questions and interview the interviewers. Then about 45 minutes of white boarding problems. You can choose whichever programing language you prefer. questions start very simple and then get a little bit harder. None of them are anything too complicated. Most complicated was detecting a palindrome (and yes "Race Car" counts as a palindrome).

Interview Questions

• What skill do you need to work on the most to succeed at work? (or something along those lines)   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TechSmith in July 2013.

Interview

A third-party recruiter called me about this position and set up an interview for me with one of their development managers. After the interview, I was informed that Techsmith would not be proceeding with me because I didn't know Photoshop, which I think is rather baloney because I know how to actually develop websites, and so I don't need to know how to make pretend websites in Photoshop.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just standard HR behavioral questions such as "describe your least favorite project" which are designed to get you to rant about stuff. Development manager also asked me what my salary range was, which was surprising given that the recruiter had already asked about this.   1 Answer

Use Experience Design Intern Interview

Interview

There was a design exercise after applying for the job and then scheduled a phone interview. Mainly talk about the design exercise and also other interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about design thoughts when doing the specific project.   Answer Question

Creative Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Typical phone screen asking questions about previous employment, management techniques and personality traits. The initial phone interview took about 30-40 minutes. Communication before and after interview was good.

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview of approximately 30 minutes. General questions, including salary expectations. Then I was invited for a 1.5 hour interview. Before the interview I had to complete a 6 hour design test. In the interview, I met with approximately 6 people including HR and management. I had to present and respond to a design critique of my work and then answer typical interview questions. Then, they were to get back with me in two weeks. I followed up in two weeks to find out that they would like another interview. This last interview consisted on 6 hours, a new person or group of people every half an hour including the President. This was intense however gave me a clear idea of how the company worked and their values. Overall, everyone was friendly, inviting, and polite.