TechSmith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TechSmith Interview Questions

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith.

Interview

The interview consisted of twenty minute phone interview. After that I was invited to their campus for an on site interview. Every single person that I met at their headquarters was extremely nice and seemed happy. I met with a room full of people, each one introduced themselves and proceeded to ask me a set of questions ranging from the usual "describe a time you went above and beyond" to more technical questions. At one point they asked me to name various types of file extensions that I knew and the programs that I tend to use for virus removals.

At the end of the interview, everybody stepped out except for one gentlemen who lent me his computer and asked me to write two help desk tickets to customers facing two different problems. They do this partially to see how you will respond to clients and also to see how you do under pressure. This part of the interview was a bit nerve-wracking because the guy is just sitting right next to you the whole time on his phone. In the end I got an email saying "we have chosen not to pursue you" which I feel could have been worded a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to work with a difficult person on your team and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

They do a pre screening phone interview that is expected to last 30 minutes. From there you are asked to interview in front of a panel at their location. You are expected to set aside 3 hours for this interview. The panel each asks different questions, and want you to feel comfortable asking questions to them regarding their experiences or questions in return. After the questioning they ask you to give a writing sample about their product, go if you all of the information needed from their website to assist a customer. It takes about 45 minutes to complete this process.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by three representatives from TechSmith. After clearing some initial formalities, the interviewers dived straight into some technical questions that required writing code on a white board, followed by some behavioral interview questions. The entire interview lasted for an hour. The interviewers were outgoing, friendly and very helpful throughout.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview revolved around implementing functions dealing with null-terminated strings. For instance, "implement a function that takes 2 strings, and determines whether the second string is a substring of the first".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair of a university, and offered an on campus interview within 3 days. They will ask you to apply online as well, which requires a resume and cover letter (not optional). They will also email you some forms and formal applications to fill out and bring to them when you go for the interview

Interview Questions

• given a positive integer, and then output the reverse of it. eg: given 1234, output 4321   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview following up with two more on site interviews. I was kinda nervous because this is my first phone interview ever. But in overall, everything is just as normal interview, nothing too crazy.

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Lansing, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview for screening purposes. Then two face to face interviews with several department managers and employees asking standard interview questions, It was a positive experience with friendly people.

Interview Questions

• How would your experience in previous jobs prepare you for the role you are applying for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TechSmith in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and they were quick about getting to back to me. The interview was easy and straightforward-- some behavioral questions and questions about my previous projects and programming experience. There was a chance for me to ask about the company, and then about half an hour of whiteboard problems. Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected. Both interviewers were very friendly, and it was a pretty laid-back experience.

Interview Questions

• Whose responsibility is it to make sure the final product works well? (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Sales and Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TechSmith (Okemos, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for the sales and business internship position they had posted. They e-mailed me about a week later to set up a phone screening. The screening was rather standard, asking me about myself, what I was majoring in, what I wanted to do in the next 5 years, basic "getting to know you questions." After that they got back to me a week later to set up an on-site interview. There were 3 people in the room and they all were writing down what I was saying. There were a lot of questions asking about previous experience, times you had to deal with a difficult customer, and participation in college. They also threw a few difficult questions at the end saying "Why shouldn't we hire you" to see how you think on your feet. After that they put me in a room and gave me a situation were a customer had some questions concerning Snagit, and I had to e-mail him back with the correct answers. They called me about a week later and sent me an offer. All in all it was a rather simple and straightforward process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a fixed salary rate, so no negotiation took place.

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TechSmith in March 2014.

Interview

I heard back after I applied online requesting a phone interview. The phone call was relaxed, discussing my experience, past projects and aspirations for the internship. Very conversational, the interviewer asked insightful questions and answered my questions about TechSmith's culture and people well.

Followed up with a Skype interview with the UX Research team. Still conversational, back-and-forth with questions and answers. Some of the questions included how I would respond in certain situations, both behavioral and UX specific.

Overall I would have been more than happy to work at TechSmith. The impression I got was that employees genuinely care about the product and the culture, and I firmly believe I would have learned from and contributed a great deal to an internship at TechSmith.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge about working on that project you worked on?   Answer Question

Received an offer that better fit my interests and desired location. Would definitely consider working here in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TechSmith (East Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Brought into office for interview. About half hour of general interview questions which felt more like a conversation. Many chances to ask questions and interview the interviewers. Then about 45 minutes of white boarding problems. You can choose whichever programing language you prefer. questions start very simple and then get a little bit harder. None of them are anything too complicated. Most complicated was detecting a palindrome (and yes "Race Car" counts as a palindrome).

Interview Questions

• What skill do you need to work on the most to succeed at work? (or something along those lines)   Answer Question