Technicolor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I felt that it was a very good interview, they asked questions that made you think and kept you on your toes. Many industry related questions with an occasional joke and really good coffee. I was totally shocked they did not offer me a position as I totally thought I met the cut. But apparently they have so many applicants they literally only hire the best.

Interview Questions

• Do you know AGILE/SCRUM project management?   1 Answer

Federal Sales of Westlaw Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technicolor (Washington, DC) in August 2008.

Interview

Referred to the hiring manager by another manager who interviewed me for the same position in a different market (but ultimately chose a former employee who wanted back in). The interviewer and I started out with (what I perceived as) a very good rapport. After a 90-minute behavioral grilling session, she told me that her manager would be in town the next day for follow-up interviews with the candidates she chose. She proceeded to tell me that she wanted me to meet with her manager, but that I needed to "get a grip" on myself first. She told me that I basically seemed like a wreck of a person to her and that I talk too fast and too much and missed obvious queues from her regarding the inappropriate length of some of my answers to her questions. It was unbelievable. She continued berating me for about 10 mins, until I finally told her that I must withdraw myself from consideration for the position. She was incredulous and totally started back-peddling and apologizing profusely for our "misunderstanding". It was totally crazy.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Paris (France)) in May 2014.

Interview

5 interviews, from every level. even the CEO signed it.
    2 with HR
    1 with senior
    1 with R&D
    1 management
    + 1 week immersive induction with many R&D people to explain me the role and expectations.

Interview Questions

• a lot of question about empathy, dealing crisis, difficult times.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Memphis, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially approached by an external recruiter. Group phone interview followed by an on-site panel interview and a horrific skills test. The only trouble in the process was the internal recruiter, who apparently had her feelings hurt when she found out about the missed opportunity. She fought the approval and delayed a decision on employment by about three weeks. Eventually I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• C# and SQL programming assessment was a practical, hands-on assessment, not multiple-choice. No Internet access allowed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was handled by the external recruiter.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Similar to what it should be. Nothing extraordinary to report here regards to communication to candidates.
    The ones who are on hold for some reason should be regularly contacted to maintain their interest in the company. Key issues that a candidate wants to be noted should be re-emphasized during the interview process i.e. a candidate must ensure that emphasis on matters like work timings, compensation, personal issues must be clearly mentioned at all levels of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If one is coming from same vertical give special attention when you're asked as to why do you want to leave your current employer if any.   2 Answers

Negotiation

One states what one wants and they will get back with the offer. Not much room to negotiate.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Questions

• Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Was recruited through a contractor agent. First had a phone interview and because I answered questions correctly, was invited for a face to face interview with about 6 people representing different areas of the job

Interview Questions

• What kind of Test Engineer are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Hardware Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

Contact at a career fair, I had a phone interview and an on-site interview before i was offered the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview
    1:1 interview
    panel interview
    background check
    offer

Interview Questions

• none, management is not technical   1 Answer

offer
    countered
    accepted offer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

it will take too long time to accept the offer after the interview.

and the interview consist of several times , from the beginning to the end , it take more than 1 month to get the final result.

Interview Questions

• what is the past working experience ?   1 Answer
    • the english level is fluent both oral and writting ?   1 Answer