Technicolor Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Technicolor Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 1-2 phone interviews/calls with HR rep, in-person meeting with Hiring Manager. All Technicolor staff were courteous and professional. Job description was extensive on paper but ambiguous in person when asked about actual work to be performed and how performance to be measured. Company going through restructuring, recent layoffs, and high workload. Welcome to corporate America.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflicts when working with your colleagues or other departments?   Answer Question

VFX Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

2 interviews with the Department Head, group interview with the other Producers. Then from there to the Sr. Management. The only weird thing was I also had an HR interview, she didn't know what the job I was applying for entailed, so odd. But besides that, I felt excited to work with such a great team.

Interview Questions

• Upper Management asked about a specific client & if they would join me at this new company.   1 Answer
    • My interviews with the Department Head and the other Producers were quite informal and relaxed. Really great to be honest, in an area that could be so high stressed. They asked me about my experience at my previous job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, it was a flat out budget. I tried to negotiate and I was turned down.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Technicolor (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple, 2 step process with Managers

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your last Job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, Two step orcess

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Technicolor (Camarillo, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied via the company website and was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone screening. The recruiter expressed a strong sense of urgency. We set up a time to speak and the recruiter main focus was on the distance of where I live versus the location of the role (40 miles). Told the recruiter the distance wasn't a problem and the recruiter promised to pass my resume on to the hiring manager. I followed up a few days later as suggested by the recruiter and never heard back

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was hired as a temp so I didn't really interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview
    1:1 interview
    panel interview
    background check
    offer

Interview Questions

• none, management is not technical   1 Answer

offer
    countered
    accepted offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I felt that it was a very good interview, they asked questions that made you think and kept you on your toes. Many industry related questions with an occasional joke and really good coffee. I was totally shocked they did not offer me a position as I totally thought I met the cut. But apparently they have so many applicants they literally only hire the best.

Interview Questions

• Do you know AGILE/SCRUM project management?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

On Monday we spoke on the phone and she asked me to come in to meet her Tuesday where we spoke briefly about the position. It was clear I was incredibly over qualified but was desperate for a job. She wanted me to meet the VPs and Directors because there would be opportunity to grow within the company which I liked. Thursday I interviewed with the 3 execs I would be supporting. All went well. Friday they offered the position. After much thought, I declined it because I would have killed myself with boredom and the salary was too low to live in LA and it was in my best interests to keep looking for something more suitable. Negotiations began. On Monday, she called me to offer the job again with an increased salary. It was my bottom line so I took it. She asked me to start that day and two hours later I was there.

Interview Questions

• There were hardly any questions with regards to skills as it as very apparent I was over qualified. The execs were looking for a fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy. I turned down the offer and explained why. The countered considerably more and it met my bottom line.

Paint Artist, Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I went to Headquarters and interview with the senior producer and head Technical director for the project.
    I had one interview and a few days later HR department called with an offer.
    In this industry interviews are to measure your people skills (most of the time), your demo will show your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No much negotiation, I got offered more that I was expecting.
    I had a preplanned family vacation a few days after starting the job and there was no objection.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technicolor (Camarillo, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 4-5 director level individuals. It was fairly straightforward asking about my prior experience and mostly discussing the details of the current position. I learned more about the company and its qualities than they asked questions about my skills. Was immediately hired the following day.