Technicolor Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called, but had a very outdated resume and not the one I sent (or one I even have a copy of anymore) She was very rude about it, I offered to resend it and she gave me her email, but then got snippy because she was working from home and wouldn't be able to access it. Apparently, Technicolor has not heard of webmail yet, which is in line with the bad reviews about IT resources I've seen on Glassdoor. We started to talk briefly, but her attitude was just so bad, I knew I didn't want to work there. I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but again, this is clearly in line with what I've read on Glassdoor about the HR department. I ended up telling her - thank you, but never mind.

Microfluidic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Got reply to schedule a phone interview after submitting online application. The recruiter called on time. She asked about motivation, experience, and how fast I can leave the current position. The overall process took about 30 minutes.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Discussed details of job, as well as salary information. Nothing really specific or useful to share. Maybe be familiar with general post production workflow and HD/SD specs.

Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 1-2 phone interviews/calls with HR rep, in-person meeting with Hiring Manager. All Technicolor staff were courteous and professional. Job description was extensive on paper but ambiguous in person when asked about actual work to be performed and how performance to be measured. Company going through restructuring, recent layoffs, and high workload. Welcome to corporate America.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflicts when working with your colleagues or other departments?   Answer Question

VFX Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

2 interviews with the Department Head, group interview with the other Producers. Then from there to the Sr. Management. The only weird thing was I also had an HR interview, she didn't know what the job I was applying for entailed, so odd. But besides that, I felt excited to work with such a great team.

Interview Questions

• Upper Management asked about a specific client & if they would join me at this new company.   1 Answer
    • My interviews with the Department Head and the other Producers were quite informal and relaxed. Really great to be honest, in an area that could be so high stressed. They asked me about my experience at my previous job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, it was a flat out budget. I tried to negotiate and I was turned down.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Technicolor (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple, 2 step process with Managers

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your last Job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, Two step orcess

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Technicolor (Camarillo, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied via the company website and was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone screening. The recruiter expressed a strong sense of urgency. We set up a time to speak and the recruiter main focus was on the distance of where I live versus the location of the role (40 miles). Told the recruiter the distance wasn't a problem and the recruiter promised to pass my resume on to the hiring manager. I followed up a few days later as suggested by the recruiter and never heard back

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was hired as a temp so I didn't really interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview
    1:1 interview
    panel interview
    background check
    offer

Interview Questions

• none, management is not technical   1 Answer

offer
    countered
    accepted offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Burbank, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I felt that it was a very good interview, they asked questions that made you think and kept you on your toes. Many industry related questions with an occasional joke and really good coffee. I was totally shocked they did not offer me a position as I totally thought I met the cut. But apparently they have so many applicants they literally only hire the best.

Interview Questions

• Do you know AGILE/SCRUM project management?   1 Answer