Technicolor Interview Questions in Princeton, NJ | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technicolor (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Questions

• Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technicolor (Princeton, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a single phone interview. It was a conference call with four researchers, each one asking me to explain some of the previous research projects I had worked on in the past (which were listed on the CV I sent them). For each one, they asked very detailed questions about the approaches including to explain how certain algorithms worked (they obviously knew, they were testing my knowledge), as well as my reasons for choosing the paths I did. Surprisingly enough, there was no coding-type questions, they clearly stuck to the "science" aspect of computer science. But they were very courteous and knowledgeable. I ended up being made an offer a few days later and took it!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain several methods in detail including how the mean-shift algorithm worked, and how the EM algorithm worked.   Answer Question