Technisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technisource Interview Questions

2.2

PC Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technisource (Greenville, SC) in April 2012.

Interview

All easy phone interviews. Mostly meet and greet. Very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable setting up new pcs and working with end users?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. It was a take it or leave it situation.

Engineer With TMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Just a couple of conversations with engineers and management really.

I could tell this place was run like a sweat shop. When pressing management about the sales cycle I got a round about answer. There is apparently no direct sales people for the TMS group. Engineers seem to be run hard, and one of the managers actually said that he wished that "he could get management to understand that their you should full lucky to have a job attitude towards employees isn't applicable now that the IT job market has picked up". Not to mention the offer was a joke. No 401k, 2 weeks vacation, and an average salary, with very mediocre health care. When you are a staffing company, and try to hire people in to your company full time and give such a poor package, it certainly makes you wonder. Being a staffing company they should know better.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Technisource (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an internal recruiter, encouraging me to interview. The recruiter was cheerful, helpful, and organized. I quickly advanced to a 1:1 in person interview with the hiring manager, and soon a panel interview with the entire team of recruiters, where I could ask peers questions.

In hindsight, I should have paid attention to some of the recruiter body language,who seemed to resent their participation in the group interview (they were required to participate). They provided me business cards, and I wish I had contacted them offine individually about the office environement. I would have declined the offer if I had fully understood how they were managed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about selling primarily over the phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my base salary up 20% from the initial verbal offer. Management was elusive about the commission calculation and expectations. They could not produce a written formula for the commission calculation, and they had a very poor way of explaining it. As it turns out, their territory revenue expectations were too optimistic, and in the end the entire division was laid off after a matter of four months.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Technisource (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

Had several phone interviews with the recruiter. After the stated that I was a good candidate, I had several interviews with the customer.

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Technisource (West Des Moines, IA) in July 2011.

Interview

I received a call for one of the technical recruiters who I later met for an interview. We discussed my previous skills/job history and my education background in detail (such as the job duties, what I liked about the job, my major, favorite classes or so on). This was one of the first in depth interviews that I had but it was an interesting experience; and it went well.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technisource (Bloomington, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Just went in for an interview for an Intership position. I didn't get the job but the intervew was very positive

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about the classes you took and the project you had in those classes   Answer Question

Web Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technisource (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview with Technisource manager and a manager of the department I would be in. Interview was mostly basic questions discussing theoretical problems.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Technisource (Frisco, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Discussions of past employment, market focus and processes. Concentration on performance and numbers.

Interview Questions

• Describe your screening process. Where does it start and what do you get from it with each candidate.   Answer Question
    • What are your monthly metrics and performance for the last year.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technisource (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the local recruiter off my Dice ad. There was a bit of a panicked tone to the conversation. Ends up the recruiter was trying to save face with his client as his last candidate up and quit unexpectedly. It appears that the recruiter didn't review my experience, and didn't have a good understanding of my abilities. But I went to the client and they liked me for the contract position.

Interview Questions

• There was no questions. That is where I think the recruiter didn't do his job well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary. I was low-balled, and figured if I went perm I would push the issue.

Quality Proofing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Technisource (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

A very friendly recruiter called me after a friend recommended me to the job. She gave me detailed instructions for what to do next. I was welcomed at the front desk, seen to the interview, and politely welcomed by the hiring manager. We talked about money, the culture, and our shared goals. Then he gave me tests to see if I could perform the work. In a few days, they called to say I was hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. This was a very straightforward interview. Basically, "can you do the job or not? Take a test. Okay, you have the job."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with this company. The rates are standardized. The only way to get better compensation/benefits is to get a different assignment or job.