Teck Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teck Resources Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

2.9

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trail, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teck Resources (Trail, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume to their website, got an email to come in for a general aptitude test. Got a call a few weeks later. Came in for a mechanical aptitude test, interview and drug test and to bring in the background check paperwork they emailed me (criminal record and contact info for references). Interview itself was around 30 minutes of typical questions.

Field Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

I was emailed to arrange a phone call interview, a few days later I spoke with an HR rep and had thought it went well but then never heard anything back. Found out later from a friend that the position had been withdrawn.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teck Resources in February 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by telephone interview (behavioral type questions). I checked out glassdoor prior to my interview and a portion of the questions actually came up in the interview (or similar questions). I felt as though their questions overlapped. Lots to do with past work, school, or project experience. Be prepared with plenty of fresh ammunition from past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at a task and how you overcame it. Why did you choose engineering? What is the number one thing you have learned over the past three years of your education?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

Applied online through the university job board. Was contacted within a week, set up an interview for the following week.

Interview was completely behavioral focusing on my past work and volunteer experience. No technical engineering questions were asked. After the interview I was contacted within two weeks letting me know if I had received the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral based off of past experience   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teck Resources in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through coop website, got a phone interview 2 weeks later. The interview was about 20 minutes. No technical question was covered. The interview starts from my resume, and cover letter, and some other necessary skills that may be required in the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just some typical behaviour questions. Name three things you are strong at, why do you want to do a coop with teck, what do you expect from teck, what do you know about safety, complete this statement: safety starts from__.   1 Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teck Resources in October 2013.

Interview

The interview starts off with a CV review and chit-chat about various elements of your CV. Afterwards there's a list of questions that the interviewer goes through. Misc. elements include are you planning to drive to BC, what do you know about Teck, what do you know about Fernie, etc.

Interview is mostly behavioral. Name three things that you think you could improve, name three things you'd like to improve, name three things you're strong at, tell me about a time where you had to work with difficult people, tell me about a significant accomplishment, tell me how you achieved a significant goal while working in a team.

Interview Questions

• Name three things you would like to improve about yourself by working at Teck.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

Phone interview followed by group/panel interview. Phone interview was basic describe a time with only a couple of questions, group interview was casual discussion about previous experience and some more describe a time when. Afterwards a drug test was required, references were called.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone difficult, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Engineering New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teck Resources in October 2009.

Interview

Typical behavioural interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved recently and go through the steps.   Answer Question