Teck Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teck Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.6

Mine Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

Round 1 was a short phone interview with the Chief Engineer and Sr Production Engineer.

Round 2 was onsite for 2 days, and involved a tour of the mine, and individual discussions with the various people I would be working with. The whole process was very informal, and felt more like they were trying to sell me on working at the mine (Red Dog).

Interview Questions

• How do you think you'll like the fly-in/fly-out rotation?   Answer Question

Assay Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teck Resources (Anchorage, AK) in July 2014.

Interview

They were in need of someone with an in-depth Chemistry background so it was pretty much just a phone screening, and in-person meet and greet then I was on my way up to the Mine a week later.

Interview Questions

• Which type of Spectrometers have you used during your college education?   1 Answer

Mine Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

HR prescreen for 30 minutes with central recruiting, then site interview for a day + mine tour, then reference checks. Overall, a very typical interview process with no surprises. Travel to the mine site is required and may take a few days depending on where you are coming from - keep this in consideration.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR/Role specific interview - no surprises   1 Answer

Mineral Processing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

Skype Interview of an engineer and an HR. Asked about general behavioral questions. Then the co-op office will decide to continue or not with the application. The process is around 25 minutes. No technical questions. They just want to know who you are and not sure if there will be a second round of interview for co-ops.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions start from your knowledge of safety. Very nice company provides a lot of compensations for relocation and co-op fees and high salary.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trail, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teck Resources (Trail, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume to their website, got an email to come in for a general aptitude test. Got a call a few weeks later. Came in for a mechanical aptitude test, interview and drug test and to bring in the background check paperwork they emailed me (criminal record and contact info for references). Interview itself was around 30 minutes of typical questions.

Field Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teck Resources.

Interview

I was emailed to arrange a phone call interview, a few days later I spoke with an HR rep and had thought it went well but then never heard anything back. Found out later from a friend that the position had been withdrawn.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparwood, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teck Resources (Sparwood, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted application. Took 6 weeks for a call. Onsite interview. Didn't hear back and since it was an out of town interview, they rented a car for me, but I had to pay for the car rental and gas. Did not get reimbursed. Mining is a small world, so be careful! Trying not to burn bridges with Canada's biggest mining company, but it's pretty unprofessional to ghost someone and not reimburse their expenses.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions that you can find on the internet. A few technical questions   Answer Question

Leader, Sustainability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teck Resources (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

All together, there were 4 interviews - 1 with HR over the phone, 2 with manager, 1 with Manager, Director and VP, and one with Sr. VP. I found they were very efficient and professional. There is a high degree of emphasis placed on safety, which is conveyed right away.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a an example where I made a mistake, and what I did after.   1 Answer

Accountant Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Teck Resources in March 2015.

Interview

Applied to a posting online and then a few days later I got a call for a brief telephone interview which is just to get to know me and introduce the company to me. The second round interview was a skype interview with controller and senior accountant because I lived in a different city and they thought it would be more convenient for a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioural (tell me a tell when you had a conflict with others...)
      Company has good safety culture and will ask questions about your safety leadership
      Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teck Resources (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked some general questions such as tell me about yourself, what are some achievements that you are proud of and etc. It was important to be able to answer why you want to work for this company.

The interview was about half an hour long. With one technical interviewer and a human resources administrator.