Tecnológico de Monterrey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.3

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

They make an interview with you. They make you an IQ test for be admitted. Also you have to do other three exams for see your knowledge in grammar, maths and a TOEFL exam. These last one os for know your level of english.

Interview Questions

• Why i was interested in studing there?   1 Answer

Math and Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saltillo, Coahuila (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Saltillo, Coahuila (Mexico)).

Interview

I had to submit a CV previous to the interview, I told them about my education background, then they got me into a training course and after that they evalueted me, and finally they hired me

Interview Questions

• Where I graduated from and whether or not I spoke English fluently   Answer Question

Online Tutor Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in October 2015.

Interview

Only phone interviews asking very specific questions regarding the subject to teach. Process took 1 month+. It took three interviews, two with HR team and one more with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Presenting scenarios to get to now your natural reactions as a professor in front of students.   Answer Question

Lab Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was brief talk with one person (coordinator of lab courses) about the position, just talking about my undergrad degree and relevant courses taken as well as experience with the lab courses when I was an undergrad, then with the HR people about the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• It was a brief talk about my teaching experience, and experience with electronic design, Arduino, programming, and relevant courses taken during college related to the teaching position.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in November 2014.

Interview

All the process started in October 2014 I got contacted by a Head Hunter first, then I interviewed with the direct manager, he explained me how that organization works and how my profile would be a good match in the particular project for the University. After that he told me the next steps, and few days later I had an interview with the western region HR manager via skype, it was 1 hour interview and she gave me more details about the job and the next steps, finally 2 weeks later, I was interviewed with national HR manager, he offered me the job and we reviewed the offer letter and explained me why I should not accept a counter offer from my current employer. The rest is history. I am still working for Tec de Monterrey.

Interview Questions

• My ability to work under pressure and get things done, and customer service skills   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes (Mexico)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Marketing Director and the former Communications Coordinator. I was later asked to do an Advertising test as a second stage. Lastly, I went through the standard psychometric tests. The final interview was held by the Campus Director; it was brief and substantial. After this process, I spoke to Human Resources who helped me fill out an online application that I updated once I was offered the position.

Director De Relaciones Corporativas Interview

Anonymous Employee in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was invited for an interview, but as i showed up, my new bosss was not there, was away on a business meeting, i had not received previously any notice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Regular. Ask for a better base salary

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chihuahua, Chihuahua (Mexico)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Chihuahua, Chihuahua (Mexico)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was called via phone, and I was explained the need for an associate professor in order to teach a Human-Computer Interactions course for undergraduate students (School of Engineering, Architecture, and Design). I had a few questions asked about my background and skills, and they told me a full-time professor had recommended me, hence their approach towards my profile.
    Next I went in to a 1:1 interview, we talked about my experience in the computer science field, and most of all the interview went about my personality, communication, and inter-person skills. At the end, I was told I need to prepare a sample class with a presentation and material, because I would have a group/panel review listening and making questions as if they were studens.
    About a week later I had the sample class with the manager and other full-time professors, they were pretty friendly and everything went very smoothly. Questions were asked and feedback was provided for me. It lasted about 45 minutes.
    After this I was told to wait about 30 minutes while they all made a decision, and after that the manager came to me and said I had been approved.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe yourself as a professional in terms of your skills, and how would that contribute to the benefit of this institution and its studens?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I really did not have anything to negotiate, I was just made the offer and I was told about the benefits and other compensations.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in February 2008.

Interview

Straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   2 Answers
    • What do you feel you can contribute to our organization?   1 Answer