Ted Baker London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Guardian, East Coast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (New York, NY).

Interview

Very conversational and Friendly! My interviewer made me feel at home even though I was terribly nervous as I hadn't interviewed in a few years. Also, even though I didn't obtain the position, the interviewer still contacted me to let me know who they went with, and that they'd keep my resume on file.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online on a Sunday, got an email from HR on Monday for a Thursday interview. On my way to the interview, I got another email asking if we could move it for an hour later because the person interviewing me wanted to take her lunch. So I ended up sitting in the store for about an hour and 15 minutes (it was cold and rainy, so I couldn't really just walk around outside). The interview took about 20 minutes: just looking through my portfolio and asking basic questions. After it ended, she said she'd call me. That was in September, and I never got a call. I'm guessing I didn't get the position. I just find it rude when people ask you to come in for an interview at the last minute, leave you waiting for over an hour and they don't have the consideration to let you know you weren't hired.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Livermore, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

it was casual and we had to do the interview outside. Employees looked busy and the store didn't have much customers in the store. Interview was quick and I had to fill out some paper work for the hiring manager to see and they said they'd call back or email. I didn't receive a call or an email, so It's safe to assume I didn't get the position or was worth an email.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening with the recruiter. Then a phone call with HR manager highlighted my background and why I would be a fit. Interviewed with the president they were pleasant and professional. Had a phone screening first. Then a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had relationships within the mens side of the biz.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was great, only 4 persons showed up, typical interview introduce, why here etc but also had to make a outfit in 12mins out of paper bags ridiculous but fun over all it was good

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I worked for Ted Baker back in 2008 and was transferred to their showroom in Los Angeles later that year, due to a move. I loved working with the company and its quirky tongue in cheek british culture. The vibe was great and the team atmosphere was tightly knit (there were only a handful of employees at each location) so it was like a little work family (not corporate like at all). Their window displays for holidays and product launches were my personal favorite - the British like to push the envelope with their saucy humor. I also enjoyed the client events - where we celebrated loyal clients in a private party sort of atmosphere (reminds me of magazine launch parties).
    I went ahead and applied in 2014 last month, because I missed the culture of the company and wanted to work with them again. The Assistant Manager seemed to like me and made it sound like she was going to give me a call back later that week (after they promoted one of their part times to full time position) but I never received the call. I am wondering if the promotion was reversed and they didn't have the space nor budget for it. I also was paid a very decent salary when I left the company back in 2008 and I am wondering if they took a look at the salary then and compared it to payroll now. Perhaps things have changed. I didn't like the lack of follow up and that would be the only thing I would change about the interview process this time around.

Interview Questions

• Can you wear high heels on a daily basis?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process itself was really poor. The person from HR was late for the first call and really poor at communication. The interview process in person was fine and the people were really nice. The issue with them is total lack of contact after each stage which is a reflection of their company inside. In this day and age this is totally unacceptable and I would have rejected an offer had I got one. The culture seems really poor and based on top down fear. They have really outdated views on the modern agile workplace despite the pretty brand. Probably dodged a bullet.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed and wasn't really expecting a response, but about 2 weeks later i recieved an email to attend a group interview at one of the central london stores. I hate group interviews because I feel like I fade too much into the background. I have to say it was one of the best interviews I have been too. The ladies were lovely and immediately made us feel comfortable. It was informal so there was a lot of joking around which made it seem as though they have so much fun which really helped me to try my hardest. We stood in a circle and was asked to introduce ourselves and give them one memorable fact. Then split into groups of three and given a scenario e.g a sophisticated lady off to a winter wedding budget is £1000 get an outfit together, we had 10mins. During this process they were watching us and discussing who they liked. We got back and presented out ideas, Here is whats important, make sure you speak out and try to use good descriptive words to really help set the scene and the individual you shopped for. After that, we had a good Q&A session and were allowed to go home, process took exactly 1 hour. It was alot of fun and they were happy to answer as much as they were allowed. Was told I would hear from them by the end of the day, still waiting only did the interview today.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stages of face to face interviews. 1st interview includes a short test. Interviewed with them twice over two different year, both times I got called for a second interview. Both times they did not give me the courtesy of an email or call to let me know I was unsuccessful.

I found that extremely rude, Ted Baker have no consideration for peoples time.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I found out through a family friend they were having a recruitment evening. There was around 13 other applicants and the process lasted around an hour and a half. However, it didn't feel as though it was long. We were put in pairs and assigned either women's or menswear then asked to find an outfit that incorporated current trends seen on the catwalk for this season.