Ted Baker London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.7

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online on a Sunday, got an email from HR on Monday for a Thursday interview. On my way to the interview, I got another email asking if we could move it for an hour later because the person interviewing me wanted to take her lunch. So I ended up sitting in the store for about an hour and 15 minutes (it was cold and rainy, so I couldn't really just walk around outside). The interview took about 20 minutes: just looking through my portfolio and asking basic questions. After it ended, she said she'd call me. That was in September, and I never got a call. I'm guessing I didn't get the position. I just find it rude when people ask you to come in for an interview at the last minute, leave you waiting for over an hour and they don't have the consideration to let you know you weren't hired.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Livermore, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

it was casual and we had to do the interview outside. Employees looked busy and the store didn't have much customers in the store. Interview was quick and I had to fill out some paper work for the hiring manager to see and they said they'd call back or email. I didn't receive a call or an email, so It's safe to assume I didn't get the position or was worth an email.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening with the recruiter. Then a phone call with HR manager highlighted my background and why I would be a fit. Interviewed with the president they were pleasant and professional. Had a phone screening first. Then a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had relationships within the mens side of the biz.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was great, only 4 persons showed up, typical interview introduce, why here etc but also had to make a outfit in 12mins out of paper bags ridiculous but fun over all it was good

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I worked for Ted Baker back in 2008 and was transferred to their showroom in Los Angeles later that year, due to a move. I loved working with the company and its quirky tongue in cheek british culture. The vibe was great and the team atmosphere was tightly knit (there were only a handful of employees at each location) so it was like a little work family (not corporate like at all). Their window displays for holidays and product launches were my personal favorite - the British like to push the envelope with their saucy humor. I also enjoyed the client events - where we celebrated loyal clients in a private party sort of atmosphere (reminds me of magazine launch parties).
    I went ahead and applied in 2014 last month, because I missed the culture of the company and wanted to work with them again. The Assistant Manager seemed to like me and made it sound like she was going to give me a call back later that week (after they promoted one of their part times to full time position) but I never received the call. I am wondering if the promotion was reversed and they didn't have the space nor budget for it. I also was paid a very decent salary when I left the company back in 2008 and I am wondering if they took a look at the salary then and compared it to payroll now. Perhaps things have changed. I didn't like the lack of follow up and that would be the only thing I would change about the interview process this time around.

Interview Questions

• Can you wear high heels on a daily basis?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ted Baker London.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call about a week later offering a group interview the following week.
    Interview was pretty standard, ice breaker task at the start then had to pick a celebrity and some clothes we thought they would wear and why.
    Then had a role play exercise where they gave us a scenario and we had 10 minutes to think about how we were going to act it out then show it to the rest of the group.

Seasonal Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. There was four girls and the manager separated us to two teams. The interview was fun and not too serious. It took 1 hour for the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Part I - If you were stranded on a deserted island, name 5 things you would bring.
      Part II - How to sell a product? Team A: Radio commercial; Team B: TV commercial.

Merchandise Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ted Baker London in November 2016.

Interview

First I had a good telephone interview and hours laters they offer me an interview at the Head Office in London. I found it easy but the interviewer was with a rude and racist attitude. She asked me differents questions to follow the protocol of asking something but she was not listening to my answers because she interrupts me asking the same questions. Definitely, I won't recommend to you to apply for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about Ted Baker?
      What do you understand about the role?

Assistant Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview day was split into three different sections. An individual interview with a member of the design team, an individual assessment where you were asked to rate tasks in order of your priority to do them and to describe the Ted customer. Finally we took part in a group activity, where we were asked to come up with a new 'thing' for Ted to do, describe how we would market it and why we chose this area.

Interview Questions

• Who is one of your heroes?
      Tell me about your past jobs
      How do you handle stress?

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

To begin with the interview process was totally unfair in my opinion as it was a group one with 36 people with only 5/6 jobs available the reason for why it was bad because we were put into groups of 6 and given a scenario and then presented back to the group. this is unfair because it was very hard to show your abilities and skills and this should not be allowed as it should be one to one for such a big company i thought there would be more professionalism. however very disappointing experience as i read online they are mostly one to one.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked to individuals was a case of eliminating people very very unprofessional   Answer Question