Tefen Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

3.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First I was asked to take a 25 question GMAT style assessment administered online, which was to be returned via email within one hour. Passed the exam and was scheduled for an in-person interview. In person I interviewed with three different individuals (project managers and a director). During the in-person interview I was asked a series of questions aiming to assess my problem solving style, as well as personality/behavioral questions. The usual questions were also asked - walk me through your resume, why consulting, why are you a good fit for Tefen, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tefen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews: project manager #1: behavioral, project manager #2: large case study about optimizing healthcare operattions

Passed the phone interview and was invited to interview in the office. I had two in-person interviews:
    1 with a director, 1 with the COO. Had a case with the director. Had a case about a fast food chain with the director. The COO barely knew English and had difficulty keeping the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate bottlenecks in a manufacturing process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY).

Interview

there was an initial phone screen and then a follow up - both contained mini case studies very relevant to the position i was applying for. this was followed by an in-person interview where there were two interviewers (separate sessions), lots of explanation of the role and descriptions of current projects, and included case studies as well looking to see how you would talk through / approach real-life consulting problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Fairly normal interviewing process for consultants consisting of a test and a few interviews. Be prepared for a variety of case studies and to try and think outside of the box.

The only issue I had, which is no real big deal, is that fact that you may interview with multiple people with heavy accents. This just made communication a bit difficult.

Interview Questions

• Ways to increase the sales of a automotive repair shop.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Initial interview consisted of a phone screen followed by an online test for analytical and math skills. In person interview with Director, partner and senior consultant. Overall the interview process was in my mind run-of-the-mill. It would help though to read up on some basics of industrial engineering.

Interview Questions

• How would analyze the data set in order to select the product line you would like to analyze?   Answer Question
    • How would respond to a conflict within the team?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tefen in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was personal and with one mission to estimate how much a car accident will cost to the state. The second interview was a simulation on a case study.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tefen.

Interview

Screening HR interview (not always) then a numerical test (pass or no pass). After that 3 rounds of interviews done with people of rising seniority. It is done relatively quickly as the company is quite active on this front. The interview is not so much about culture, personality etc. more about how structured you are, are you ok to work with, what is your motivation etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you had to face. What did you do?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tefen (Milan (Italy)) in July 2015.

Interview

--- Beware the fake company reviews! They might be manipulated---
    Short test plus three rounds of interviews with increasing difficulty (except for the last one). Thankfully, no interview with the HR was needed. Each round is organised with an employee of a different hierarchy level. Unfortunately, agreeing on the time wasn't that easy.

Interview Questions

• Short GMAT-like test, while the first round consisted in solving a business case, just like the second, however with increasing difficulty. The third round was relatively easier.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tefen.

Interview

Placement test of analytic and quantitative skills followed by a case interview. Stretched over a period of one month, the process is steady and meaningful feedback is given on every step.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

A test very similar to the GMAT (but shorter) and three rounds of interviews (with Senior Consultant, Manager and Partner).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate