Tekelec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tekelec Interview Questions

3.2

Professional Services Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tekelec (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

First the HR will contact you only asking you about your experiecne and will ask about Diameter (HSS, PCRF, OCS, OFCS, etc), later the manager will contact you (remotely) and they will ask questions about diameter (advanced) and UNIX/Linux

Interview Questions

• Diameter loop detection, Diameter interfaces for IMS, PCRF rules and IP CAN session management   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are a contractor in the US ask for 100 a year at leats (if you are 7 years of experience with strong skills), from then star negotiating down maybe 10Ks less ( no more)

Project Manager/Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tekelec (Raleigh, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

The typical team interview. Checking to see if you "fit" and then the technically focused interrogation. The team engineer/specialist delves into your background and seeks to understand your level of competence.

Interview Questions

• Without using technical jargon, explain the path of a certain message type as it is sent through the Verizon system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was competitive, but negotiated additional time-off, and options.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tekelec (Morrisville, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

Had 1:1 interviews with 2 engineers, 2 team leads, and a manager. The first interviewer drew out a network diagram of how the EAGLE works, indicating that it was just for overview, then erased it. 3 people later, the interviewer asked me to redraw the diagram from memory. Other questions were heavy on telecom process and QA testing methodologies.

Interview Questions

• You are in a room with 3 light switches, there is another room you cannot see with 3 light bulbs. Each switch is known to control exactly one of the bulbs. How can you tell which bulb is controlled by which switch, if you can only walk into the room with the bulbs one time   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a contract to hire position, the contract company was not willing to budge

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tekelec (Morrisville, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Starting as contractor, there is no additional steps to become full-time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tekelec (Raleigh, NC) in November 2008.

Interview

Three to five individuals, from the hiring team, will interview each new applicant. The team fit is crucial. Technical competency is second, as the software/hardware is proprietary and will require train-up for each position. Hopeful candidate follow-up is extremely helpful. Typically, "Homework" is assigned after interview, to determine communication skills and attention to detail, when analyzing and reviewing an industry topic.

Interview Questions

• Based on your limited understanding of the proprietary product, without knowing the details, explain to the client, why the product failed, and how you plan to insure that it will not happen again. What efforts (read - plan/processes) do you have in place to resolve our issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, within a 3-5K band. No negotiation on vacation. No negotiation on company vehicle.

Pre-Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tekelec in June 2010.

Interview

My CV and background were checked against the jopb description. HR was not flexible to improve the offer and requested me to make a decision before benefits were presented.

Interview Questions

Salary below my expectations.

Regional Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tekelec (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty good which it was an extensive quantity and quality of interviews. Starting with Human Resources, then Operations, Services and Sales areas and finally managment. In paralell there were some test to pass in order to go on with the rest of the interviews process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only proposal and then some comments and revised proposal.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tekelec (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2009.

Interview

3 gesprek met de Hoofd Verkoop, Hoofd Voorverkoop en uiteindelijk met de Productie Manager.

3 interviews with the head of sales, head of pre-sales and finally with Product Management.

Interview Questions

• Geef een presentatie van de producten die je hiervoor steunde   Give a presentation on the products I was supporting before   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ik kon niet onderhandelen

I couldnt negotiate at all.