Tektronix Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.2

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a brief call with HR, then another week later spoke with the Hiring manager. A week after I was interviewed in a three hour period with six people at different times. I was very comfortable and thought things went very well. But then after waiting a week from what HR said would take them for a decision, I sent an email for an update and HR responded within minutes speaking about the interviewing has stalled for a while but that they were still interviewing people. After two weeks, I emailed again for an update and was completely ghosted on. I thought everyone was very nice and had nothing but great things to say about Tek. I also spoke with HR multiple times before being ignored so I'm very surprised by this. But that's how it is nowadays. Take your punches and keep going! Something good will come along.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. They probably used the STAR method.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I gave a 30 minute presentation on my background in front of the team, and then spent the rest of the day in 30 minute to 1 hour long interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you take on a leadership role that was not given to you?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I was phone screened by HR and by the hiring manager. About a week later I was invited for an all day on site team/ panel interview consisting of a presentation about myself followed by 1:1 interview with 6 different people. No one from Tektronix followed up with me following the interview with a "Yes" or "No" decision. That was pretty disappointing and the reason for the negative rating.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused mainly on leadership, behavioral and marketing related questions. Very few technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

First, we did a phone screen where they asked a few basic programming questions. Then, they flew me to Portland for an all-day interview followed by a weekend of house-hunting. The interview was broken up into segments: the team lead to gauge personality fit, programmers to ask technical questions, a higher-level manager to ask about he future, HR to explain benefits, and so on.

The questions weren't quite as technical as I was expecting (but then again, I did provide a portfolio and code sample beforehand). The process was long but not grueling. They gave me positive feedback the next day and followed up quickly with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a destructor virtual in C++?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I had already been working with many of the people previously. This was a new position for me. I interviewed with my future manager. Because everyone had already seen a lot of my work the interview consisted mostly of culture questions, seeing if the new location was a fit for me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Phone interview, followed by 2 seperate in-person interviews. They were all about an hour each, but they were across separate days so that kept the fatigue to a minimum. Long delay from final interview to when I received the job offer...about 30 days. The phone interview was actually the hardest, with the in person interviews being fairly straight forward. The first interview was with a panel of people, but the second interview was a one-on-one situation.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

From start to finish the process took a little over a month due to hiring managers not being available at the time of process. Interviewers were very casual on the process, some of the friendly and informative. Overall they were very professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Experience on current business   1 Answer

Bus Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by HR that they would like a phone interview with me that afternoon. I replied back saying it was not possible but we could set up an alternative time. I heard nothing back so emailed her the next day.

She replied that she didn't receive my email but could I talk the following Monday or Tuesday. I said either day works for me. I never heard back from her.

That's fine if they found someone else or changed their mind about me, but I don't expect to be lied to (about her not receiving my email- it was in my sent box and was never returned) and her not responding to me regarding a change in status, despite my question about it. It is extremely unprofessional, especially for a mid-level management position.

Not a good reflection on the company, in my opinion.

Systems Administrative (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Overall the process wasn't too bad. I went through the normal pre-screen/HR interview/Tech interview path. Everyone kept saying how happy they were to have me applying and that I seemed like a good candidate. After the final interview I was told to expect a phone call regarding their decision. Never got one which seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Interview Questions

• Your server is using an abnormal amount of resources. Describe what you would do to troubleshoot.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

2 interviews and 1 phone interview. The phone interview was first where they described the position and asked about my technical background. We reviewed Projects that I have worked on and what my contribution was. We talked about cultural fit at Tektronix and how my personality/needs might match. We also discussed the number oof options to get moved around to different Business Units if I wanted more variation in my job.

Interview Questions

• What do I think the subcomponents are that it takes to make up an oscilloscope.   Answer Question