Telarix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telarix Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telarix.

Interview

The HR got to me and the first call was to explain the process and how I had to take an IQ test which she would review with me and then I'd take the same IQ test in a skype interview after which I would get an in person interview. HR was nice and good communication.

Interview Questions

• Describe my current role and what I want in the position I applied for?   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Telarix (Vienna, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Right after I applied on-line, I received an automated response with a link to take an assessment test (personality and cognitive). Surprising because I thought that they would first look at the candidate's resume, review the required skill-sets/experiences, and then proceed to ask further questions, either via e-mail or phone. Oh well, ever company has their own way of doing things so I decided to take the assessment test anyway. The cognitive test (50 questions in 15 minutes) was more of can you pick out an item that doesn't belong; or select a pattern that should come next; with very few math and some grammar questions. I am unable to fully understand how any of these were relevant to the position that I applied for. When I took the test, I was expecting some job related (technical and leadership) questions that would assess candidate’s specific knowledge and unique abilities. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Needless to say, the following day I got an e-mail stating that they are pursuing other candidates. I respect their decision but can’t say I agree with their hiring process or approach. People are not made through molds. Different individuals have many different strengths and this test alone cannot capture these variations. I believe companies who make their hiring decisions based on the result of this test alone will end up ruling out a lot of qualified candidates, or hire the wrong ones, as tests can always produce false positives and false negatives.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telarix in October 2017.

Interview

Two assessments: Cognitive exam. Answer as many as possible in less than 15 minutes and a character / personality test . The assessments weren't than hard. The cognitive exam is like any other regular IQ test. I didn't get any offer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telarix (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by an employee on LinkedIn to apply for open positions in their company. I did so, and took the personality test as I was told. Didn't hear back from them until over a week later. Then I got an email from the same employee asking about my availability to speak about the position via phone interview. Gave them my availabilities, didn't hear any response to that email. Then I got the template rejection email. The availabilities issue is what I find the most frustrating, because there was no response to that. There needs to be more efficiency with responding to candidates.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix (Vienna, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I wish I saw the reviews on the interview process before going through with the application. Right after I submitted my application, I was sent a link to take a two-part assessment (personality and cognitive). The personality assessment wasn't too difficult. I felt a bit weird taking it though. The last time I took one of these for a job was back in high school when I was trying to be a cashier. The cognitive assessment was more of can you pick out what doesn't belong or what pattern should come next and a little bit of math. I don't see how any of this is relevant to the position I applied for or any position really because it has nothing to do with an individual's skill set or the job duties. The result of the assessments will determine if you move onto the next step of the hiring process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

One cognitive and personality test. The Cognitive did not gauge remotely on abilities to solve problems. Just pick what you think the pattern should be. I don't think this company is hiring the best talent since they just use a IQ test .

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix (Fairfax, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

After I applied at the company website, they sent me some IQ questions and behaviors questions. I received feedback from the HR and we made time for a phone screen. In the phone screen, they asked me some background questions and then no further response.

Interview Questions

• Can you go through your education background?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix (Vienna, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Not sure there was a process. And shame on me, I suspected that this was the direction that the recruiter was going to go (read other reviews) and my gut said something was off. But, before having a conversation with the applicant, they immediately send you a link to take testing - REALLY? Can we say lawsuit? It was unbelieveable. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was a mistake. They did agree to speak with me. Great conversation, said the process was to follow up after the assessment and then take it from there. I fell for it hook line and sinker. Spent an hour of my time taking this assessment and immediately the next day I was told they had pursued another candidate. Meanwhile they have refreshed the job on Indeed.com. It is a dangerous practice to use assessments to screen out candidates, but they don't seem to care about their risks. Beware of this when applying for a role here and please be careful to fall for this. Assessments are never okay as a first step in the process.

Interview Questions

• I would love to share this if there actually was one. They do not follow best practices of any kind while conducting their recruitment process.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix.

Interview

Most ridiculous interview process that starts with elementary school level IQ test, even for those positions at senior management level (just an example , for someone who manages $50M product portfolio). This is a big No for those leaders as the company's approach to hire leaders is completely out of touch. This kind of IQ test may be okay for those starting the career. Anyway, I had to decline the further process as I do not like their approach to hire a leader. No one from this company even speak to the candidate to understand their strengths, skills and how they add value to the company. If they choose your resume, then blindly you will get an email to take this test.. Anyway, good luck and God help this company and their leaders to educate them about the proper hiring procedure..

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix.

Interview

Same HR phone call followed by the "ultimate" IQ test. I am always wary of companies following such screening process. Are you looking for Mensa clones or someone that can excel at the job and bring value to the company? Also, found HR somewhat rude when I had to be so accommodating to match their availability.

Thanks but no thanks, I haven't missed my "dream job and company"

Telarix Response

Nov 15, 2016 – Marketing/HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, We take your feedback very seriously and are consistently looking for ways to improve our recruitment process.