Telarix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telarix Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix.

Interview

Most ridiculous interview process that starts with elementary school level IQ test, even for those positions at senior management level (just an example , for someone who manages $50M product portfolio). This is a big No for those leaders as the company's approach to hire leaders is completely out of touch. This kind of IQ test may be okay for those starting the career. Anyway, I had to decline the further process as I do not like their approach to hire a leader. No one from this company even speak to the candidate to understand their strengths, skills and how they add value to the company. If they choose your resume, then blindly you will get an email to take this test.. Anyway, good luck and God help this company and their leaders to educate them about the proper hiring procedure..

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telarix.

Interview

Same HR phone call followed by the "ultimate" IQ test. I am always wary of companies following such screening process. Are you looking for Mensa clones or someone that can excel at the job and bring value to the company? Also, found HR somewhat rude when I had to be so accommodating to match their availability.

Thanks but no thanks, I haven't missed my "dream job and company"

Nov 15, 2016 – Marketing/HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, We take your feedback very seriously and are consistently looking for ways to improve our recruitment process.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telarix.

Interview

Lengthy process-I was contacted by an HR who first briefed me about the position,company, group after which I was asked to write a cognitive test.After a week I got a mail that they will proceed with next round of telephonic HR interview.I cleared that too and then was called for a video interview in which I was asked to repeat the cognitive test as they wanted to be sure that I was the one who gave test earlier.It was same test which I had cleared before "myself" but a week later I get a mail that they found someone with suitable technical skills.I did not even give a technical interview and decided that my skillset doesn't match.If I my skillset was not suitable then why was I even contacted at first place?

Interview Questions

• Tell me yourself?
      Tell me a situation when you had to deal with someone you don't like/
      Tell me about a situation when you did something creative.
      Tell me a situation when you had difficulty in taking a decision etc etc..
      Answer Question

Sep 27, 2016 – Marketing/HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take your feedback very seriously and are always looking to improve on our processes. Please know that your concerns have been heard and we will ... More

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Cognitive test online in conjunction with phone screen by HR staff. She was a no show for the follow-up Skype interview. Lame excuse about not being able to send a message during an on-the-fly meeting. 2016 and you don't utilize a mobile device? I said it was rude but rescheduled to take the cognitive again with Ildicko on the phone as I took it? A lot of jumping through the hoops. I did really well on other practice cognitive tests and hit 135-140 on an IQ test yet did not get an in-person interview after. Very unorthodox hiring process. I was over-qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• How would deal with an unruly or difficult client?   1 Answer

Sep 27, 2016 – Marketing/HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take your feedback very seriously and are always looking to improve on our processes. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience and are ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telarix (McLean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

They first call you to inform you about the position. Then they ask you to take a cognitive and personality quiz. Cognitive quiz consists of math, puzzles, , and grammar questions. 15 minutes for 50 questions but its based on how many you get correct, no penalty for wrong answers. Then they call again to talk more about your resume and background. Then they ask you to take cognitive quiz again via Skype so they know it's you taking the quiz. They then ask you to come into office for final interview.

PSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telarix (Fairfax, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were several screenings - the generic behavioral and after which there were technical questions. A lot of it really did not matter as to how it was answered (aka what language was used) as long as the end solution was viable. Apart from these there were a multitude of logic based questions.

Interview Questions

• 3 tables were drawn up and I was asked to find data between them - the joins/statements were up to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telarix (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Prior to the in-person interview I completed a phone screening which asked generic questions regarding SQL joins. Then the day of face-to-face interview, I was interviewed by two people. Initially I was asked about SQL and being able to design a database and write queries given a specific scenario. I was asked to write pseudo-code for a simple program, then I was given a series of puzzles. I enjoyed the puzzles as they prompted me to think outside the box.

Product Support Analyst Interview

Interview

After applying, you are contacted for a phone interview. The person with whom I spoke with was clearly not knowledgeable about the company or position being posted. I was prepared to tackle any questions she may have had however she went on to talk about completely irrelevant details about the company (i.e, how people within the dept. dress). I then received an email saying that a candidate with closer skills matched for the position is being sought after--the email sent referenced a completely different position that I did NOT apply for.
    Here's a tip: Hire recruiters who actually know about your organization, know how to acquire talent and actually know how to do their job!

Interview Questions

• An unexpected and completely random question: If a bat and ball cost 1.10 together, what is the price of the ball if the bat cost 1 dollar more?   1 Answer