TeleCommunication Systems Interview Questions in Aliso Viejo, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got phone interview. Was asked some basic embedded questions, such as how memory is corruped. On site interview followed 2 wks later. 3 interviewers, 1 hr each.

Interview Questions

• Remove a node from a one direction linked list, if just knowing the pointer to the node to be removed.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Up to 8 interview over the course of 10 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very rude recruiter. she didn't even know how to read resume. As described by the last reviewer - very same BAD experience.
    No wonder why this company is not able to fill up so many positions since last couple of months.
    I hope some one from this org is reading this and would react!!!

Software Testing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The manager asked me a few questions and they hired me eventually.

Interview Questions

• What are white-box testing and black-box testing?   1 Answer
    • how to test image processing software?   1 Answer

Lead Senior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I first contacted HR by applying online to which they responded with a form letter, and required answering a questionnaire about your experiences. I filled out the form and was having trouble sending it, so I asked her to confirm the receipt of the questionnaire. She didn't respond so I assumed she was on PTO or out sick.

After a week I sent an email and kept trying to get in touch with her. She didn't include her phone number on her emails so I couldn't call her. I tried the company directory and they have one of those "press the first three letters of the person's last name" type of directory search. She wasn't even listed. I finally left a voicemail and I didn't hear back for a couple of days. Finally an HR generalist responded and said she would contact the other lady who was the technical recruiter (my initial HR contact). The technical recruiter called me and that's when I found out they had already given someone an offer and they had two other candidates waiting in case the candidate refused.

When I tried to politely ask if I should apply to other positions they listed online or whether they would automatically, she said she would let "me" know which positions I would qualify for and "You have no,[sic] Unix, Solaris, Linux, C/C++ or TCP/IP … also no Android or J2ME to go with the Java experience - which eliminates about 75% - 85% of the positions we have open." Apparently she didn't even read my resume since I had mentioned that I had used Red Hat since 1995 or that I had setup and maintained FreeBSD and Ubuntu servers. Also apparently I "have no TCP/IP" despite the fact that I had written plenty of server and client code that was stated in the resume.

She did offer me a phone interview for another position, but I decided that I had had enough. In my opinion, HR represents the company and this company seemed disrespectful of applicants. It did not communicate and respond in a timely manner, nor did it even perform due diligence in reviewing resumes. If companies want applicants to research them before applying, the least they can do is reciprocate and try to research the applicants. Also, I don't mind that technical recruiters don't really know all the engineering details, but please don't insult your applicants by pretending that you know more about their job than they do.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was fun!

Interview Questions

• Puzzles, Data-structures, Algorithms, programming Q's   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered pretty good package.