TeleCommunication Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TeleCommunication Systems Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems.

Interview

Interview process didn't go well

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was fun!

Interview Questions

• Puzzles, Data-structures, Algorithms, programming Q's   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered pretty good package.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems in September 2012.

Interview

Highly technical interview with very knowledgeable senior managers. Interviewers were very interested in potential employees ability to travel globally and integrate well with the team and management. Interviewers were very interested in customer service attitudes and candidate understanding of how to provide excellent service in remote and hazardous locations. The interview process was well organized and thorough.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to angry customers?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very rude recruiter. she didn't even know how to read resume. As described by the last reviewer - very same BAD experience.
    No wonder why this company is not able to fill up so many positions since last couple of months.
    I hope some one from this org is reading this and would react!!!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then a group interview on-site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had an offer and I was able to negotiate it slightly.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Annapolis, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with several people consecutively, from managers to technical staff. Discussed past experience and the requirements for the job. Some folks did not appear prepared to interview me. The entire process took about 3 hours after speaking with 4 to 5 people. Generally a pretty loose structure that wasn't too aggressive.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss details of experience in your resume.   Answer Question
    • Be prepared to be asked a situational technical problem and how you would solve it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Oakland, CA) in March 2007.

Interview

I first met them at a college career on my college campus. Among many applicants, I was the one of the few to take the initiative to follow up with the hiring manager, sending my cover letter and resume and offering to have further discussions. In the manager's own words, that automatically raised my position in the consideration stack. The full-time position that I am at now originated from the subsequent internship.

Interview Questions

• To compute the output of a short C program (whose details I don't quite remember anymore). It was of moderate difficulty.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Great interview. Phone call from HR, Two phone calls from hiring manager. On site interview with department co-workers and selected senior management, followed by in-person interview with HR. Company paid for downtown parking. Verbal offer made same day. Loved how direct and efficient the entire process was.

Interview Questions

• Do you use Microsoft Project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, was able to get better salary and higher level position which came with an additional week of vacation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a pleasure to meet with the team of project managers, they seemed very nice and skilled.
    Working with HR was hard, they didn't have that much to offer in terms of benefits and salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were tasked with getting an overworked team to work on your project. What did you do and how effective was it?   Answer Question

Salary was low and they don't offer a 401k...

Webmaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Annapolis, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted directly by HR. Interviewed with boss-to-be and representative from another department that I was to liaison with. Boss was friendly and introduced me to the team. Too bad that boss was forced out due to a personal spat with another party and lies spread by her own employee.