TeleCommunication Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.8

GSG Business Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview reviewed basic personal skills and experience as well as TCS job description. Arranged time for person to person meeting with HR and ultimate supervisor. Discussed working relationships and experience both good and bad.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with government programs   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems.

Interview

Fortunately I worked with client manager earlier. Interview process was easy and seamless. There was not fair recruitment. Before appearing for interview, I was confident that I will get job.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Greenwood Village, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with the supervisor of software development. The supervisor crossed his arms and immediately stated, "I against hiring a business analyst. The firm needs more software developers who will be reporting to me. This firm does not need a business analyst who will be reporting to the Director." This made me feel unwelcomed. When I asked questions about the job, the software developer supervisor repeated, "I against hiring a business analyst. The firm needs more software developers who will be reporting to me. This firm does not need a business analyst who will be reporting to the Director."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a pleasure to meet with the team of project managers, they seemed very nice and skilled.
    Working with HR was hard, they didn't have that much to offer in terms of benefits and salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were tasked with getting an overworked team to work on your project. What did you do and how effective was it?   Answer Question

Salary was low and they don't offer a 401k...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got phone interview. Was asked some basic embedded questions, such as how memory is corruped. On site interview followed 2 wks later. 3 interviewers, 1 hr each.

Interview Questions

• Remove a node from a one direction linked list, if just knowing the pointer to the node to be removed.   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Greenwood Village, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruitment was long and drawn out for position sought. 2 months from recruitment interest to hire date. Recruiter lost application and personal information at one point. Had to resubmit. Orientation week was mixed with advanced training on product knowledge when very little had been attained.

Interview Questions

• Will you have a problem meeting our 75% travel requirement for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They accepted my terms of salary requirement. Very little negotiation involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a few days HR a few days later. Scheduled an inperson interview with the hiring manager and three other people I'd be working with.

Met with the hiring manager. Had a great conversation about the position and what they were looking for. We went over on time.

The second person was out of office, so we moved onto the next two people I would be working with. Could not get a reading from them. No facial expressions and they didn't have many questions.

Lately I sat with HR to talk about the position and next steps.

A week and a half later they followed up with me about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Up to 8 interview over the course of 10 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Suwanee, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

This interview was different than normal as I contacted a former employee of the TeleCommunication Systems Inc. for a position. I had worked with that employee in the past and was able to get in touch with the hiring manager directly. The interview was a single telephone technical interview that took approximately 45 minutes.

The questions were very broad and would ensure that a seasoned system administrator would meet the position requirements. There were several scenario based questions spanning topics such as Active Directory, Windows Server administration, VMware, NetApp storage solutions, SQL databases and Microsoft Exchange Server.

The position was for an OCONUS Systems Administrator I, which is a senior-level systems administrator working in Afghanistan. The most shocking part of the hiring process for those who have not been overseas would be the description of the work environment. The company states that you will live in a 5 x 8 ft. space, work in extremely poor work conditions, subject to indirect fire. While this may be the case for some positions, the systems administrators would rarely ever be subject to those conditions. If anything, the living and work environment are very hospitable and you rarely, if ever, would be in a dangerous environment.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of very obscure, detailed question that may not be relevant to a real-world environment. For example, "What version of LDAP is used in Active Directory?"

Be prepared by reviewing certification practice tests or preparation books to get these minute details.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems.

Interview

Interview process didn't go well