TeleCommunication Systems Manager Quality Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TeleCommunication Systems Manager Quality Assurance Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Manager Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

What a horrible, mess! Wish I had read the bad impressions from some of the other Aliso Viejo interviewees!

The process started almost a week ago with an introduction and job description in my LinkedIn inbox. The position was something that I pretty much hit all the bullet points on. So I indicated my interest in becoming a candidate. So she went ahead and scheduled a phone interview for 6 days later.

Then later that week, she sent me the list of qualification questions (hmmm, should've been a warning sign right there...why would she schedule the phone call BEFORE, she sent me the list of qualifying questions?). So I filled it out and she said that everything looked great and then she was looking for a time to schedule the phone screen (the same one she had already scheduled...didn't think much about it at the time, but should've been warning sign two).

So I had the screen today, and the lady was a bit out of it with her questions and all over the place. Mind you, these were not technical questions...just asking about what type of companies I worked at. She seemed to be confused about what a commercial software company is and so she argued with me about that for a while. Then she argued with me about whether or not what I do in my current job constitutes a "software job" versus hardware!!

So at this point, I'm wondering if this company has it's stuff together.

Then she asked me about my salary, followed by my college education...that was followed by when I could start "when they make you an offer". I told her that I wouldn't be able to start before a date that is 4-5 weeks in the future. She got really, really rude and almost angry at me. She told me that I cannot submit a resume to them unless my start date would be 3 weeks or less from the date of the phone screen!!! (warning sign number 3 in retrospect...why would the date for the phone screen just be an arbitrary date almost a week after the first contact, if the hire date could be no more than 3 weeks from a week later?). I told her that I could not put my current company in a bad position during a crucial project, so the date 3 weeks in the future would not be possible. Plus I reminder her that we hadn't even schedule an interview or gotten an offer yet, so how could I know that I'd even have 2 weeks notice to give?

She told me to recheck the site three weeks before my earliest possible date for departure from my job, then reapply to the position if it was still there!!! Like sure, I'm going to apply to a position that was so urgent, they couldn't wait more than 3 weeks for the right candidate to start. Yeah, that sounds like a non-toxic environment.

Sounds like they don't have their heads on straight in AV. Wow, sounds like cool projects to work on. But to have this person be the first impression of the company is a sign that the company isn't very good on the upfront job of attracting candidates. Which a big concern on the back end.

Would've been nice to get into the building and see what the interview process is really like. Hopefully better than the recruiter screens. Maybe they should look for contractors and state that "already employed candidates need not apply...unless you're willing to stab your current employer in the back!" :).

Lol.