TeleSign Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TeleSign Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

IT Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TeleSign.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. The recruiter was working remotely with tons of background noise and degraded voice quality. Ive done tons of interviews before but this is the first time an interview felt like a condescending lecture . Instead of attracting me to the role I was provided with irrelevant career advice..This is my first interview review on Glassdoor I had to comment because I was so disappointed with the overall quality or lack of...There was also some condescending remarks regarding my length of employment without first having me explain the reasoning...This interview just left a bad taste in my mouth normally I'm so excited and interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeleSign (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Typical tech interview process: technical phone screen, coding assignment and 4 hour on site interview with 4 engineers.
    Had offered to have a lunch thru interview process, it was interesting experience to answer questions with full mouth.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that determines the absolute working directory, given a beginning absolute path and a series of directories.

Example:

Given the function signature:

def combine(abs_path, paths)

Input:
      "/a/b/c/d", "../e/f/../../g/./i"

Output:
      "/a/b/c/g/i"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeleSign (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

Typical tech interview process: technical phone screen, coding assignment, and 4-5 hour on site interview with 4-5 engineers. I was flown in for the on-site interview, although no hotel was provided. My flight and meals were reimbursed.

I was not happy with the lunch interview. I was asked a technical question while eating lunch. At other companies, lunch is a nice break between the technical questions where you get to tour the office, ask questions about the company, and get a feel for the culture.

I received an offer but was not happy with the way the recruiting department handled the due dates. Although I did not officially receive an exploding offer, I was pressured to sign the paper work the day after I received it. I was barely able to read the offer when I got home that day. I want to feel respected as an employee and being given an unreasonable deadline to sign the paperwork was a red flag.

Despite my complaints with recruiting, the engineering department seems like they have good processes, enjoy working for TeleSign, and intelligent people. It seems like a great place to work, I simply had better opportunities.

Example:

Output:
      "/a/b/c/g/i"   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TeleSign (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Call from recruiter, call from a manager with the company, then call for more technical interview, which was supposed to be followed by half day at the office, interviewing and meeting the people face to face.
    I learned they have interviewed and failed more than 30 people so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe the linux boot process.
      What is the difference between routing and switching?
      How is switching done( based on what )?
      How tcp and udp differ?
      Opinion on in-line vs on-stick loabalancing.
      How do you troubleshoot slowness on a vm hosted server?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TeleSign (Marina del Rey, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a brief call with the HR Manager, followed by a screening call with the Controller, after which they decided to bring me in for about half a day. I interviewed with 4 people and had to take a day off of work for the interview. I had to continuously follow up with HR to know if they wanted me to come back in for a final interview. They kept telling me I was one out of two final candidates and they would get back to me. They never did. I thought that was incredibly rude and disrespectful after the time I had spent interviewing them.

Opening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleSign (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They rescheduled once and then were late to call. I spoke with two people on the phone. When I picked up the first thing I heard was "hello, pick up the phone." Not a great way to start.

They seemed confused at first and asked questions that weren't related to my background (heard some shuffling of papers while they found my actual resume).

I thanked them for their time and was told I'd hear something soon. I sent a thank you note to the lady in HR who setup the interview, but I received no response.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a startup?   Answer Question
    • I see you've never had to respond after hours...   1 Answer

Billing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeleSign.

Interview

phone interview, just normal interview question such as your desired salary, talk about your experience...etc. Then waited a couple days received a email to schedule a in-person interview. In-person interview were also asking about the similar questions. No difficult questions.

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TeleSign (Marina del Rey, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an e-mail for a preliminary phone interview within a couple of weeks. 3 weeks after applying had an in-person interview - met with about 5 to 6 people for a total of 4 hours interviewing on-site.

Interview Questions

• Just overall shared my past experiences and technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TeleSign (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by take home coding test followed by onsite interview with 4 to 5 people. The interview questions are not difficult and anyone with a couple of years experience programming should be able to answer them competently. There are no brain teasers or trick questions. But expect questions on algorithms and data structures.

During the onsite interview be prepared to write lot of code.

I didn't get an offer and got a response saying I have technical chops but I wasn't enthusiastic about the company. I had a rushed schedule on the day and was also recovering from a stomach illness so didn't have anything to eat and was low on energy.

I would advise candidates to read upon the company background and get your fill of red bull (if you need the extra zip) before meeting the HR side of the interviews.

Overall the engineering team appears to be small and should be devoid of lot of hierarchy. Office building and parking facilities are what you would expect for a late stage start up in Marina Del Rey, unless you are a search giant.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TeleSign (Marina del Rey, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a long phone interview with the hiring manager, followed-up by an onsite interview by 5 people. The interview went extremely well and was told by the HR manager that she would definitely give me a call on the following Monday to discuss next steps. I sent thank you emails to everyone I interviewed with and didn't get a single response. Never heard back from the HR manager despite following up by email again. Completely unprofessional to waste 4 hours out of my day and not get a single response.