TeleTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TeleTech Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeleTech (Topeka, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

There was no interview for this position. I applied online, then they sent me an email to take a few assessment tests, I was also required to do a systems check on my computer to see if it was compatible with their system. My computer passed the systems check, I passed all the assessment tests and a few days later I received a letter from them for a job offer on a campaign that was coming up within a few days. It was the easiest process I've ever experienced getting a work at home job. Most companies make you jump through all kinds of hoops, taking assessment tests, computer system checks, not just one but often two interviews and then you don't hear back from them for weeks! So this was a refreshing change of pace to be able to get a job so quickly, based on my experience and assessment scores.

Interview

First I completed an online application and assessments. They tested my computer to ensure that it met their requirements and I had to complete some skill assessments. A few days later I received an e-mail to schedule a video web conferencing interview.

The interview included about 15 other applicants. The interviewer asked each of us two very simple questions about customer service. At the end of the interview, she said we should hear something in about two or three weeks.

About 3 weeks later I received an e-mail to schedule another web conference to learn more about the position so I could accept or decline the job offer.

This web conference was audio only, no video. The job was for Turbo Tax and involved assisting customers via video chat. The pay was 10.25 an hr and the hours were 20 hrs minimum but could be up to 30 hrs. The training was for 3 weeks during normal business hours for 6 hours a day.

I have a full time day job so I declined the offer. If you are looking for a second job like me, then be advised that the training hours are not flexible. They do not offer evening or weekend training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeleTech (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received several assessment tests for customer service, english, and math skills. Once I passed those assessments, I was then sent an email to schedule a webcam interview. It was a group interview with numerous people being interviewed at the same time. We were then instructed towards the end to look at our email for another webcam interview request later that week. I received the email and scheduled the 2nd webcam interview. This 2nd interview was also group, but if you get to this stage, they will ask if you accept the job offer. Background tests and paperwork has to be turned in before an official job offer can be made.

Also, you'll receive emails every step of the way with detailed instructions. I was impressed with that. It seemed very professional and set my mind at ease. I had to do a user ready test to test my headphones and make sure they are compatible. They were luckily. Keep in mind, equipment for the computer and also the headphones has to be compatible with TeleTech. Once you get to this step for the user ready test, wait for a popup that will take 5-15 minutes to show up. I made the mistake of quickly exiting. I received an email days later saying I hadn't completed the user readiness test yet. I contacted chat support and they informed me I didn't do the test and told me to wait 5-15 minutes for the popup to appear. They were very friendly. Eventually I got it all situated. I also had to turn in my paperwork, my scanned IDs, and they did the background check.

Once the assessment tests, interviews, paperwork, and background test went through I was offered an official job offer. I just had to complete step 4 for a certificate and was given instructions for Orientation and actual training.

It's considered seasonal and part time where you work anywhere from 20-35ish hours depending on business needs. Also, the pay was $10.25 per hour. But if you perform well, you can try applying for other jobs in the company if you're looking for something more permanent.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Please introduce yourself. (I would suggest talking about how much customer service experience you've had an have a positive attitude. The interviewer was friendly and made the process easy.)   1 Answer
    • What are your career goals or what are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to complete the computer system check, as well as a simulation training.

The actual interviews - a grand total of two - were conducted via webcam and by invitation only upon completing all prerequisites.

The first interview was a group interview of about 15. The moderator went around, asking us all typical interview questions. After that, individuals were invited - via email - to participate in the second interview.

The second interview - or offer call - is really a presentation outlining the requirements (hours and training dates) of the job that you must agree to commit to. Upon agreeing to accept the job, you will be invited to complete your employment application and begin in the next training cycle.

Interview Questions

• Detail your customer service experience.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to adjust quickly to a change at work.   Answer Question
    • Explain about a time you had to assist a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Why would a video chat associate be more successful than a phone chat associate in assisting customers?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about Teletech and working from home?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Seasonal Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTech (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was asked two questions in a group interview with others that applied for the same position. The interview was pretty fast, everyone interviewed was askef two to three questions each. Then, it was over in about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do I feel working while on webcam is important?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleTech (Melbourne, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a on-site job fair-basically a cattle-call style process for hiring large groups of people at once. There apparently the interviews were held in groups of 5-10 people in one room. I was the last to show and minutes before the end and it was 1 on 1 for me.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTech (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

All you had to do was take a test and they let you google the answers. If you passed with 70% or higher than you got the job. Afterward they would bring you and other applicants to a room and do a group interview, even though by passing the test you are automatically guaranteed the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're supervisor would say you're good at and something you might need to work on?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTech (Uniontown, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

the interview was quick however the stuff you had to complete on the computer after your interview took forever. also once you got hired you have to wait a month to 2 months before you can attend the training, yes the training is paid but is very long. the training period takes 3-4 weeks depending on which project you were hired on.

Interview Questions

• what kind of hobbies, do you prefer?   1 Answer
    • what are some good attributes, you possess?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeleTech (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process .
    It was phone screening.
    The next step was online Assessments.
    The final step was face to face interview.
    Over all it was a challenging but the best interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Something that you think you have missed personal or professional.   Answer Question

BL II V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTech (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

They hire from within but do not provide any training for the internal employees coming from another Line Of Business. Was dropped into the safety and security department and had to take crash calls with no training whatsoever.