TeleTech Interview Questions in Springfield, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.1

Internet Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

The client Intuit Turbo Tax, CEO and supervisors are all down with 420 kewl, evident by the flip flop shoes and lack of structure, the bud screensaver on the hiring managers laptop says it all. Its real casual and immediately revealed there are only 15 calls on an eight shift ! Two calls an hour, yeah.

USAA Member Fraud Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I answered some test questions for one job, I flunked it, and they were so desperate for warm bodies in fraud, they gave me the job. I was very surprised that it was that easy, after I worked there for three months, I understood

Interview Questions

• Was I able for training at night   1 Answer

Insurance Inbound Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, after my application was accepted I was invited to an online assessment. The assessment took about an hour. Make sure that you read the direction carefully because if you forget what you are supposed to do you cannot go back and read the directions again. The assessment is important because it will determine which company TeleTech decides to assign you to.
    Ignore whatever the ad says they are hiring for and what the pay says in the ad.

I am assuming the assessment might be timed so do not have any distractions when you do the assessment. The assessment consists of computing skills, a typing test, word problems, math problems, a grammar skills test, and a customer service simulation. Between the tests are silly games for which there are no instructions , I have no idea if the scores on these mean anything and it took me a minute to figure out how to do them ( the games), and there are also quizzes about the company which come on rapid fire, again I have no idea if the scores on those mean anything or not.

The next day I received a phone call asking me to come in for a group interview, this guy does not know anything about shifts available or anything like that, he is just setting up interviews. The interview is not an interview but merely submission to a background check, you still do not get to talk to anyone until you pass this background check. Once you pass the background check you are asked for 2 forms of ID and you are given a job offer which is placed in front of you, it is take it or leave it. This may or may not be the job you applied for. Make sure you take not of the rate of pay and for which client you will be working. Ask about what hours you will be working and make sure those hours will work for you.

I rated this interview as difficult only because it is a long, drawn out process to go through just to find out if they had something with a schedule that would work for me. I was needing daytime hours.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask you anything. It merely matters whether you pass through the application, assessment skills test, background check, and drug testing.   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Mine went in two steps. 1) Went and took a boring test to see if I was not an idiot. 2) They sat me down and made a big deal to just say that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me a thing aside from me taking the test   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

There was no actual interview where you sit down with someone and they ask you questions, you come in to talk to HR and they offer you the job.
    I applied online and was contacted via phone, I came in once to take a proficiency test which you can also take online which was just a really simple battery of computer skills and customer service call situations, also had to go do a drug test which the company pays for at a certain location and came in later for the interview but it's really just a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask you what schedule you want to work, if you agree to the hours and pay rate etc and let you know about training and get you scheduled for a training class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied here my 1st day being back in the area. The next morning I received an email asking me to complete the assessment. While doing the assessment I received two phone calls from Teletech. The first was from a nice lady with an accent asking me to call her back so we could do a phone interview. The second was from another nice lady named Kerri (who actually works at the Springfield location) asking me to call her back if I was still interested in the job. I also got an email from Kerri during the application process telling me if I didn't contact her within two days that I would no longer be considered for the position. Again, I was in the middle of this timed assessment so I mentally noted everything and decided to call them back when I was finished. The assessment itself was relatively easy and exactly something I would expect from a call center. There was a personality segment, a computer skills segment, and then a part that actually included a phone call simulation. I also believe there was a short math section as well. As soon as I was done with the assessment I decided to call Kerri back. I let her know who I was and that yes I was definitely interested in the position. She invited me down to the site to meet that day. When I walked in I sat in the lobby chairs as instructed to do over the phone and proceeded to wait to be called for what I assumed was an interview. There was one other girl already waiting there as well. Soon a guy wearing glasses and a plaid shirt came over. He seemed very hipsterish and I soon found out his name was Phillip. Phillip told me to wait here for a just a few minutes while we waited for a few more people to show up. Once they did he explained we were all going to go into these little rooms and get on the computer so he could verify our applications were complete. Of course I had thoroughly checked my application and it was complete so once he verified this he went to a different website and helped me print out a drug screen form. He told me that they're supposed to give you 48 hours to do the drug test but that today was the last day to fill up a roster for the new class so if I wanted to be apart of that class then I needed to go today. Then he handed me my forms and directed me back to the lobby to wait for the others so that we could do our "Offer" together. At this point I pretty much knew that I had the job and there would be absolutely no formal interview. I waited about 8ish minutes for the other applicants to complete everything and as soon as the five of us were done Phillip directed us to a little conference room. A few moments after we sat down he passed out the "offer letters" and he said, "Now I'm not going to say the hourly wage out loud because we have two different projects here but I will tell you that the hourly wage is based on your qualifications and experience, and that it's all the same." This pissed me off for some reason. I mean I knew it was a call center and that of course hourly starts the same for everything and everyone but don't throw in there that it's based on qualifications and experience when it's obviously not especially when I know my skills are worth a lot more than what you are willing to pay. So then he started explaining the difference between USAA and Bestbuy which were the two projects they were hiring for. They put me on USAA. He explained training was Monday-Friday 6am to 3pm, so be ready to have that schedule for your first five weeks of working here. Then he collected two forms of id to copy. Before we left he gave us all cheap water bottles and then enticed us to come back for training to get our "fancy" coffee mugs. After I left I went straight over to take my drug test. The staff at the clinic was extremely frustrated with Teletech because I guess they had been sending people over non stop all day. (I guess that goes to show you how desperate they are to hire people). The next day I received another call from Phillip asking me to come in and choose my schedule for after training. When I got there Phillip didn't even remember who I was! He asked if I was there do my offer. As soon as I told him my name though he remembered me and even where I was from. To his credit though it must be hard trying to hire so many people all at once. To my horror I discovered that they only had split days off!! Phillip assured me that two days off together do come up in shift bids so it would only be temporary but that has yet to be determined.

Interview Questions

• Will you take this job? Out of all the crappy schedules, which one would you prefer? Can you take a drug test today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

the process took about 3 days, I filled up application online, got a call immediately, took a assessment, schedule a face to face interview with TA and I got an offer right at the spot

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is short and sweet. You apply online and if you are chosen for an interview they send you an email. The interview is on the phone and the questions are given to you in advance so you can rehearse your answers if you like. If you get through to the next round they call you back and offer you a time to come in for hiring paperwork. At this point you just fill out papers and submit to a drug test and are given your training schedule.

Interview Questions

• None were that difficult considering you had access to them ahead of time. Most were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Online app and assessments, then automated phone interview, then human phone interview. Next step is filling out my preemployment paperwork and accepting the job offer in person. Extremely easy process. The questions for the automated interview were given ahead of time, and the human phone interview covered similar questions.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about SIM cards, Bluetooth, wifi, and two other things. Not challenging, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, preset amount.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Had to fill out an online assessment that took about one hour. Pretty typical and easy. Went in for a job fair interview. The person giving the interview was very kind and knowledgeable about the job. I was hired on the spot and sent for my drug test. I start tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How to make a customer happy when what they want conflicts with company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting pay 9.50 an hour. 600 sign on bonus.