Telecare Corporation Director of Nursing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telecare Corporation Director of Nursing Interview Questions

Director of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telecare Corporation (Lakewood, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

After playing phone tag with the Administrator was finally able to acquire a time and date. After the time and date was settled I never heard back from the Administrator. I never did receive location and information to bring with me to the interview. I found the location myself by Google maps.

Upon arrival the Administrator was dressed casually and had little professionalism and hospitality. So I sit in the rag-tag, unorganized office in a half broken metal chair and chit-chat about inconsequential topics. After about 30 minutes I was lead through the 3rd rate, make-shift ward on a "tour". No other staff or employee took the time to speak to me, nor was I introduced to them except for "this is someone looking at the DON position. I meet with a new graduate APRN who was the "provider" for the facility. I was dropped off to speak with them for about 15 minutes. It was obvious that this young person hadn't much of a clue how to treat the population in the facility other than the cliche treatments. Needless to say that we didn't have much of a conversation because they didn't have an answer for the questions that I had about the treatment modality and co-morbidity of the population at the facility.

I get a pathetically written three liner from the facility in reference to my application status after writing and calling for a follow up. Basically this 3rd rate Administrator and facility could not handle someone with more qualifications and experience than the Administrator and Noob APRN. Secondly I felt a strong overtone of racism and sexism during my brief exposure to the "team" and facility. .

The company would not reimburse any of my travel expenses or lodging. First time I have ever interviewed with a company that did not offer reimbursement for a DON position.

Interview Questions

• So where are you from?   1 Answer
  • Do you have any questions about the staff qualifications?   1 Answer

There is no way I could make an honest attempt to work in such a hostile, low-brow, unprofessional, rag-tag environment. I didn't feel as if I would be able to do the job required of a Director of Nursing without a constant fight with poor management and total lack of professionalism and leadership.

For future reference if the company does not offer reimbursement for the interview process do waste your time as it is a glimpse into compensation and professionalism.