Telefónica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
      What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.
      Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First your apply online, then you have to answer three questionaires from the company, which takes a while. Then you have to record an interview. Then you have a call

Interview Questions

• What was in my opinion the most useful technical gadget to work.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

I had to complete a three stage process.
    The first interview was with the hiring manager directly 1-1
    The second included meeting wider team stakeholders both in the product and marketing team
    The final interview was with my hiring manager again and the director of the team

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around specific industry experience, example of work undertaken comparable to the job role requirements.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was slight difficult throughout. After applying for the vacancy, an online assessment was emailed, which included numeracy skills tests, some verbal questions and competency style questions. These should take about 45 minutes so it's handy to have pen and paper ready, especially for the numeracy test. A couple of days I was invited to a telephone interview, which i booked online that was suitable for me. The phone interview was about 10 minutes long and was general questions on why you was to work for the company, as well as go through some information about how you did. I then passed this, and was invited to a further interview with the store I applied in, which was scheduled for a few days time. I was taken to an office where it first started with 25 minutes of reading information with regards to a role play which was part of the interview. Ensure you take notes about the different offers and mobiles that they provide which will make it easiest for the case study. After the role play, I was asked questions on about myself, whether I have challenged anyone's way of thinking etc.. I personally thought the interview went bad, however fortunately I received a phone call the next day that I passed the interview and would like to offer me the position!

Interview Questions

• How have you challenged someone's way of thinking?   1 Answer
    • Talk a bit about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work for O2   1 Answer

Negotiation

Look at whether you are flexible to do the hours

Telefonica Digital Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application involving 3 questions (interest in technology, a time when you focused a task, and a time when you came up with an idea). 2 were to be answered in Spanish and one in English as this job would be based in Madrid. Skype interview was with the recruiter based in London, this would be followed by an assessment centre in Madrid.

Interview Questions

• Why Telefonica, why are you interested in technology, real business scenario   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

The process was compose by the following steps:
    1 test
    2 Skype interviews with 3 people
    1 interview in Madrid office with 2 people

After the test and the first Skype interview they asked me to go to Madrid and at this point I clearly specify my salary expectations. Due to my request they made me do another technical Skype interview with their Python expert and then I went to Madrid (they pay me the flight but not the taxi)
    The process in general was looking ok until their offers that were both way below my expectations. They propose me to review my salary again after one year but how can you trust them.
    Unprofessional behavior, they think you should accept whatever offer they make just for saying that you work for Telefonica. Basically if you have experience and you don't want to waste your time and your money stay away!

Interview Questions

Even if I clarify more than one time my current salary and my salary expectations they made me offers even below my current salary. They just made me lose time and money.

Telefonica Innovation Graduate Programmer 2016 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st round: 20 mins Phone call followed by a questionnaire to fill with the reasons about why I apply for the program.

2nd round: 1 hour Skype interview with competency questions and a case to solve.

3rd round: Assessment Center
    -Video to prepare
    -Business case with report and presentation
    -Group Exercise
    -Individual Interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the challenges of Telefonica for the coming years?   Answer Question

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Really positive and very good communication, they very much ensured that you knew what to expect and how you would deliver against KPI's, how to develop and lead a team, ensuring that the conversion was aligned to the focus on people, profit and customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• How would I deliver against the KPI's   1 Answer

O2 Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Worcester, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Met the store leader and talked about what I was looking for from O2, then followed on to the interview. Questions regarding my previous employment, times I found previous jobs challenging and also asked questions like "What would you do if..." or "Explain a time when..." etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my previous employment, times I found previous jobs challenging and also asked questions like "What would you do if..." or "Explain a time when..." etc.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)).

Interview

I began by applying online, there were questions about my employment history and the like. There was nothing heavy duty or out of the ordinary at this point. The following day, I received an email asking me to complete three online assessments. These were simple and the day after I got a phone call to tell me that I'd passed them all really well and that they wanted to ask me a couple of questions. This was basically a surprise phone interview, and lasted about 20 minutes. The man I spoke to was lovely and was very easy going, so even though it was a surprise the whole thing was easy enough. At the end, he offered me an interview in-store and booked me in for about 4 days later, letting me choose a time slot that was suitable to me. When I arrived for the interview, the staff were stood around in the corner of the store looking bored. I introduced myself to the group and explained that I was around for an interview, giving them the time it was supposed to begin, and they showed me to a seat while they prepared. I arrived about 10 minutes early, but they hadn't prepared at all, so my interview didn't begin until about 10 minutes after it should've. I felt a bit like they'd forgotten me, but I didn't let it bother me and carried on. I was friendly, smiley, and tried to up my knowledge of technology but they seemed uninterested. I say they, the manager was like that. The man that noted down what I said was lovely. We started with a role-play, and it went okay. It didn't go brilliantly, but the manager treated me like a small child the whole time. I definitely got the feeling that he wanted me to fail and get out. I had 20 minutes to read over material for this role-play, and there was a lot to take in, and while I did this the manager was laughing at things on his phone, and showing videos to the other man.

I've put that I didn't receive an offer, but I haven't actually heard back. It's been almost 9 days and if I don't hear back by the time it's been two weeks I'll call HR and ask, but I don't expect an offer anyway.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe you'd be required to do as part of this role?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time where you haven't received good customer service and how this made you feel?   Answer Question