Telefónica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.8

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in May 2016.

Interview

Talk through the phone with RRHH for an hour. Two weeks after went to an interview with the Mktg Mgr, 3 weeks later: no reply. I wrote to them to see if I still in the process, but no reply yet.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept the amount we are offering even though is a low position. not like the ones you are used to.   1 Answer

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

The process was compose by the following steps:
    1 test
    2 Skype interviews with 3 people
    1 interview in Madrid office with 2 people

After the test and the first Skype interview they asked me to go to Madrid and at this point I clearly specify my salary expectations. Due to my request they made me do another technical Skype interview with their Python expert and then I went to Madrid (they pay me the flight but not the taxi)
    The process in general was looking ok until their offers that were both way below my expectations. They propose me to review my salary again after one year but how can you trust them.
    Unprofessional behavior, they think you should accept whatever offer they make just for saying that you work for Telefonica. Basically if you have experience and you don't want to waste your time and your money stay away!

Interview Questions

Even if I clarify more than one time my current salary and my salary expectations they made me offers even below my current salary. They just made me lose time and money.

Telefonica Innovation Graduate Programmer 2016 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2016.

Interview

1st round: 20 mins Phone call followed by a questionnaire to fill with the reasons about why I apply for the program.

2nd round: 1 hour Skype interview with competency questions and a case to solve.

3rd round: Assessment Center
    -Video to prepare
    -Business case with report and presentation
    -Group Exercise
    -Individual Interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the challenges of Telefonica for the coming years?   Answer Question

Telefonica Digital Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application involving 3 questions (interest in technology, a time when you focused a task, and a time when you came up with an idea). 2 were to be answered in Spanish and one in English as this job would be based in Madrid. Skype interview was with the recruiter based in London, this would be followed by an assessment centre in Madrid.

Interview Questions

• Why Telefonica, why are you interested in technology, real business scenario   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a telephone interview with HR couple of weeks later. Then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I was competency based interview for about an hour. At the end of the interview I was told that I will hear from someone either way in two weeks time. That day came and went and I didn't hear anything from them. At this point I knew that I was not successful. Few days later I contacted HR to get a feedback as I thought I'll be useful to know how I did and what to be improved as an interviewee. HR completely ignored me and never bothered to come back to me. I thought it is bit unprofessional how they treat the unsuccessful candidates. It's nearly 4 weeks now I'm still waiting for a feedback!

Software Developer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

As long as I was applying for an internship, I did not pass any code examination. The interview was pretty straightforward. They have just asked about information in my CV, previous experiences.and some basic questions about programming.

Interview Questions

• What is HTML used for?
      What is XML used for?
      What is CSS used for?
      Describe the principles of object Oriented Paradigm
      Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a relatively simple interview process that started with the standard online application which asked for basic information such as personal details, education and work history along with an online test to determine whether or not you're right for the role.

Following the online test I got a phone call which was a prescreening more than anything, asking whether you're eligible to work in the UK, confirming your job history and why you want to work for O2. I was told over the phone that I'd made it through to the face to face at a time of my choosing.

The face to face was good overall however upon walking into the store I was greeted by gloomy retail assistants whom already worked there, while one went out back to let the hiring manager know I was there.

While I was waiting for them to come back (which took a lot longer than expected considering the standard 10 minutes pre-interview arrival), I tried to converse with a current employee and get a feel for the place... He was absolutely out of it, he had no interest in talking to me, he came across as someone that actually lacked enthusiasm for the role and was in all honesty quite rude. I'd also apply the aforementioned comment to the other assistant.

The actual interview was actually quite good, I got asked various questions on how to deal with difficult customers, how I'd suggest a phone and tariff for customers, my previous experience (which was within the industry) and why I wanted to work for O2 and where I saw myself in 5 years as well as other competency questions. I don't think she'd done many interviews but she was most certainly one of the better interviewers I've met.

It took roughly 2 and a bit weeks to hear back from them as to whether or not I'd have offered a job or if there was another round, I was told a date to which I'd get a response and that day came and went. I knew I hadn't secured the role at this point however it isn't good practice to insist that I'd hear by X only to hear back 2 and a bit weeks after that date.

Overall while I felt that I had a great interview session, I did leave feeling disappointed due to everything that occurred around that and not wanting to work there due to the aforementioned retail assistants. Employees sell the business and the atmosphere as much as the hiring manager, if the manager is happy and bubbly but the employees aren't, something is wrong.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult and demanding customers?   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Leicester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Started off with an online assessment that lasted about 30 mins or so. Got a call from them few days later, very friendly over the phone asked some basic personal questions if I was eligible to work in the UK, previous experience etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this role is for you?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?
      Example of a time I dealt with an angry customer
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2016.

Interview

You have a first interview with HHRR head and then a technical interview with the CTO or other technical head. HHRR manager explained the company trajectory and the different roles and then he asked you about your career. Then the technical manager ask you questions about machine learning, big data, programming languages, etc.

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first part of the process was very quick involving an initial application online, a questionnaire, a video interview and a telephone interview. I was then invited to a face to face interview with the Store Manager. The face to face interview consisted of set question which were mainly around how you would motivate a team and deliver briefs as well as competency based questions drawing from experience. There was a short role play where I had to deliver a brief on a promotion with limited information. At the end of the interview, I was told that someone would contact me on the following Monday or Tuesday at the latest weather I was successful or not. Over a week later, I heard nothing, which I consider to be highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to manage a change with little structure and direction from above.   Answer Question