Telefónica Retail Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telefónica Retail Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.6

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on the 8th Nov to an O2 Retail Advisor position. I was invited to complete online assessments, although I did not finish it completely, I received an email that I was successful and to look out for an email to schedule a telephone interview.

The telephone interview was 2 days after and it was literally a 5-minute screening, asking if I like working in a team, explain a time when you had to achieve a target, availability. Very simple and basic questions. The lady on the phone said that I have passed this stage and that she would like to put me forward for a face to face interview on the following Monday.

I went to the interview and the store manager was asking me a lot of questions, just to get to know me as a person and we did a short role play. After that, the manager was writing all my answers on a tablet and told me he will send this to the recruiter and to expect an email or phone call in the next few days.

I ended up receiving the phone call after a few hours that I was successful and received a verbal offer.

Just a word of advice, mainly be yourself and try to make your answers customer needs-related or you could refer to educational experience, but they want to know about your personality and how you would fit in also.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a person?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when someone had a problem and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you noticed a change or you had to change?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Telefónica

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Telefónica (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for the role through indeed, had an e-mail asking if I wanted to phone interview, said yes, picked a time, next day had that. Passed that, had a face to face, two days later had a call asking when I can start.

Interview Questions

• What kind of targets have you worked towards in the past?   1 Answer

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

I first had to apply online with my CV and then complete some online tests. After 2 weeks I was invited to book a telephone interview. After I take the interview I will update this review

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a relatively simple interview process that started with the standard online application which asked for basic information such as personal details, education and work history along with an online test to determine whether or not you're right for the role.

Following the online test I got a phone call which was a prescreening more than anything, asking whether you're eligible to work in the UK, confirming your job history and why you want to work for O2. I was told over the phone that I'd made it through to the face to face at a time of my choosing.

The face to face was good overall however upon walking into the store I was greeted by gloomy retail assistants whom already worked there, while one went out back to let the hiring manager know I was there.

While I was waiting for them to come back (which took a lot longer than expected considering the standard 10 minutes pre-interview arrival), I tried to converse with a current employee and get a feel for the place... He was absolutely out of it, he had no interest in talking to me, he came across as someone that actually lacked enthusiasm for the role and was in all honesty quite rude. I'd also apply the aforementioned comment to the other assistant.

The actual interview was actually quite good, I got asked various questions on how to deal with difficult customers, how I'd suggest a phone and tariff for customers, my previous experience (which was within the industry) and why I wanted to work for O2 and where I saw myself in 5 years as well as other competency questions. I don't think she'd done many interviews but she was most certainly one of the better interviewers I've met.

It took roughly 2 and a bit weeks to hear back from them as to whether or not I'd have offered a job or if there was another round, I was told a date to which I'd get a response and that day came and went. I knew I hadn't secured the role at this point however it isn't good practice to insist that I'd hear by X only to hear back 2 and a bit weeks after that date.

Overall while I felt that I had a great interview session, I did leave feeling disappointed due to everything that occurred around that and not wanting to work there due to the aforementioned retail assistants. Employees sell the business and the atmosphere as much as the hiring manager, if the manager is happy and bubbly but the employees aren't, something is wrong.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult and demanding customers?   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Leicester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Started off with an online assessment that lasted about 30 mins or so. Got a call from them few days later, very friendly over the phone asked some basic personal questions if I was eligible to work in the UK, previous experience etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this role is for you?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?
      Example of a time I dealt with an angry customer
      Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Westfield London Store. The online process was pretty straight forward. 2 days later I received an email invitation for an online tests. I must say that this was the most challenging part of the process. 4 tests. 1 which was scenario based, there's a question and must choose which answer you feel is most suitable based on the scenario. Another which is competency based. Then a numeracy test, basic number skills really, how many can you complete successfully within 5 mins. Then an information reasoning test. 18 questions and you have 6 mins to compete it. I really struggled with this one, only completed 8 out of 18, and I don't even know if I got them all correct or not. So I was really nervous at this point that I had failed.
    However, I received a phone call a few days later, asking I was free for a "quick chat". During this phone call I was asked about my availability and if I could provide right to work documents. The lady then asked if I could come in for an interview if a few days.
    When I arrived in store there was only one other candidate who was before me. His interview ran overtime, so mine didn't start for like 30mins late. However the manager was really friendly and apologetic, even offered to make me tea lol. Anyway the interview was more like a conversation where she gets to know me, she completely scrapped the questions on her computer and just freestyle'd the entire thing.
    We then did a role play where she pretended to be a customer in store, and I pretended to be a member of staff. There was a scenario that is sent from the head office that they are supposed to go by, but she said some candidates choose not to use the scenario, and just freestyle. So I said that is rather do the same, to save me from putting to much information in my head. She then gave me feedback on the role play, and some sales tips, and some more tips on how I could improve. We spent around an hour in total. I then left feeling rather happy with how things went. She said she would send feedback to the recruiters at head office, and that they would be in touch with the outcome via email or phone within 3 working days. I was called back in 2 days offering me the role, and I was given a provisional start date in 2 weeks. Just have to complete some paper work, contractual information and references.

Interview Questions

• What are your best 3 qualities?   Answer Question
    • Why O2 as opposed to another mobile operator?   Answer Question
    • Just talk and tell me a bit about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What would you do, if after settling in the job after a few weeks, you find that you are struggling to meet targets?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience working in sales?   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

The whole process was very fast paced, and everything was straightforward no cutting corners needed. I was browsing the internet looking for employment in my local area and I had seen that the local O2 store had positions available and vacancies being advertised.

I made a crafty visit over to the Telefonica careers website, filled out my details and sent off my application. I received an email 2 days later stating that I had made it through the first stage and had to arrange a telephone interview which was in 3 days time, booked a time slot via an email link they had sent me and submitted my preferred time.

In preparation for the telephone interview I searched the internet for the typical phone interview questions and typed up some answers for the few I found. The plan was to use these as rebound cushions in the worst case scenario, I was so psyched up for the interview that I didn't even need to look at my "model answers" 😂 Even the lady on the phone complimented me for how well the interview went, and how much of a pleasure it was talking to me 😉 She emailed me over the details and booked me in for a face to face interview the following week.

On the day of the interview I was so pumped up I walked into the store told a member of staff that I was there for an interview, she gave the manager a shout to which I greeted him with a firm handshake and a compliment on how the store looked *good first impressions an all*. He sat me down in the staff room and offered me a cold drink something which I have never had offered to me in an interview before? When things got started I was expressing myself as I usually would and was explaining myself clearly with a touch of the comedic flair to tip the balance which had the manager laughing. Face to Face interview lasted around 40+ minutes, took a copy of my passport and NI number shook hands and I headed off. As soon as I left the building I had this feeling that that interview couldn't have gone any better!

Got a telephone call on the same day offering me the position to which I accepted! Officially start next week, can't wait to see how things go! Massive thumbs up to O2 for their interview process!!

Process only took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asks me to show him my mobile phone

Can you explain to me what it is that you like the most about the iPhone 5C?

Can you explain what it is exactly that you dislike most about the iPhone 5C?
      1 Answer

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica in July 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview about my CV. Got through to face-to-face interview where again, the store leader overviews your Cv and you must present a speech/pitch on something you are passionate (e.g. sports, own business, arts etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is the best and worst thing your friend would say about you?   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

hour long interview, first half had standard competency based questions and general questions regarding aspirations etc. Second half consisted of a role play to sell mobile phone to manager conducting the interview. Management aware that role play was awkward but had to be done, so overall quite relaxed. Most of all management seeking a good personality to fit in with store.