Telefónica Interview Questions in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England | Glassdoor

2.9

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first part of the process was very quick involving an initial application online, a questionnaire, a video interview and a telephone interview. I was then invited to a face to face interview with the Store Manager. The face to face interview consisted of set question which were mainly around how you would motivate a team and deliver briefs as well as competency based questions drawing from experience. There was a short role play where I had to deliver a brief on a promotion with limited information. At the end of the interview, I was told that someone would contact me on the following Monday or Tuesday at the latest weather I was successful or not. Over a week later, I heard nothing, which I consider to be highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to manage a change with little structure and direction from above.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Started off with a one-to-one interview, which was a fairly relaxed setting. The interviewer may be off putting when assessing by looking to their tablet but keep focused. Then had an analytical case study, fairly decent with a bunch of background information and financial specifics. Had to make a decision based on the data given and present to an assessor. Then similarly had an innovative case study with same format as analytical case study. Finally, had a group exercise which was based on presenting an innovative idea and paying attention to specifics (i.e. target market, cost, potential).

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

submit Cv and application form online, few weeks later emailed 8 tests to complete within a week, if successful you get invited to take part in the video interview where i had to answer a seris of around 5 questions around two months later i was invited for an assessment day with two weeks to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you've made a mistake and learnt from it?
      Why telefonica?

All questions related to there 3 key values
      Answer Question

Graduate Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Assessments (Personality, Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Competence Tests)

Video Interview

Assessment Day comprising of: Individual competency based interview, small group activity (5), large group activity (10), analyzing project data and explaining if it was successful/unsuccessful to an assessor, creating ideas for using wearable technologies and presenting to an assessor.

Interview Questions

• How have you been innovative in your past experiences (Education/Work)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this role in O2 in Slough online and received an email and call within a few days for a phone interview with HR. After going back and forth a few times, managed to get a phone interview which was covered brief background, some behavioral questions and an outline of technical requirements for the job. Clearly the HR person had no idea about the details of the role (most HR folks don't in my experience), but I got through the first round and was invited for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview was frustrating. The hiring managers were looking for skills that weren't outlined in the role advertised. They clearly had a massive list of typed out bog standard questions and were in quite a rush to cover them all, without giving me the chance to think through them before answering. Due to the pressure, I stumbled over one question and felt backed away in a corner and put in a tight spot with no help or apology from the hiring managers.

Overall, it felt like an ambush and I was so frustrated that I ended up withdrawing my application and regretting wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions e.g. Give us an example when you did....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, easy and fun (depends on the role). It was an online application, then was invited to test stage, at test stage it was using an office inbox to prioritize email, reply email and the speed at which all this was done. After this was a phone call to screen you to see where to place you, then after an invitation to assessment centre. At the assessment centre you were asked to prepare a presentation, questions were given before hand and you had to prepare. After that it took 3 weeks to get a phone call on the acceptance. This was three years ago and we were the first batch of interns, the guinea pigs, I'm sure a lot has changed.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Passed the telephone interview. Telephone interview was CV based and some behavioural questions. Invited for face to face interview. Asked to prepare a document for the interview, which for first instance seems to be very unusual. The interview lasted one and half hour, some technical and behavioural questions. The interviewer was not well prepared for the interview. Did not make any notes, just ask some random questions ( whatever comes to mind first). I thought the interview went well. But no offer was made. They still looking for Mr Perfect for the role. Travel Expense was not paid.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a technical specification for one of their product, which was yet to be invented   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

- Online Tests
    - Skype interview with a member of the HR Department + Give a presentation (10 minutes)
    - Telephone Interview with a member of the Finance Department

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges that O2 will face during the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

I had to complete a three stage process.
    The first interview was with the hiring manager directly 1-1
    The second included meeting wider team stakeholders both in the product and marketing team
    The final interview was with my hiring manager again and the director of the team

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around specific industry experience, example of work undertaken comparable to the job role requirements.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

The first interview was with the hiring manager and lasted about 1.5 hours. Went through the relevant parts of my CV for the role and was asked specific questions about my most recent roles. Also went through the details of the role I was interviewing for. Was asked at the end if I could come back the following day for a second round with one of the hiring managers other direct reports. Came back for that interview which lasted about the same. Also straightforward, going over my CV and the chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary or unrelated to my CV. All questions were in relation to my prior experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Following the interviews, all other negotiation conversations were over the phone with HR rep.