Telefónica Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.9

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ReturnShip Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a returnship programme and then selected to attend a 1 day event where we were coached on how to answer competency based questions and how to identify our strengths. This then ran on to an interview with two people one from HR where questions were all competency based. They had throughly gone through my CV and knew all about my career break and previous experience. A very comprehensive day that encouraged you to succeed rather than fail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

O2 Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online then received an email to book a telephone interview for the following week, the talk was very relaxed. Then received an email to say to attend a face to face, where you will talk about your experience plus a second part which would allow you try and sell a product.

Attended the interview, half way through it felt like they weren't listening to what I was saying and wanted to get it over and done with asap.. off putting to say the least. The interview suddenly ended after they had ran out of questions, didn't even get the chance to do the second part which was meant to cover trying to sell a product to them.

On the way out I briefly heard that it was time for them to get their lunch, as I was walking out I quickly put together that I wouldn't of got the position anyway as they didn't require the right to work documents or the second part of the interview that is meant to test your selling abilities.

Very disappointing to realise that they wanted to get their lunch instead of finishing the interview completely.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was persuaded by the hiring manager at the last minute, on the Wednesday to take the Monday off work and drive down to Slough HQ from Birmingham (approx 250 mile round trip). He told me on the phone "you could be hired by next Wednesday, you won't regret it, they are really keen to see you". "O2 don't bring people in for interviews very often" I did ask if a Skype interview would be more suitable in the first instance, but of course that was not suitable for THEM.

When I got there the "managers" didn't seem to know their way around the building and couldn't find a meeting room, ended up in small cramped tiny little room that was red hot and uncomfortable, and outside what looked like a call centre where everyone looked completely miserable!

Then the two interviewers (neither from HR) looked like they werè only asking the questions because they had to and were not even listening or seemed totally disinterested in my responses! Pretended to write stuff down and neither of them wanted to be there. Made me feel more uncomfortable as I was asked to introduce myself, all they did during that time was make funny looks to each other!

Made me feel like I was only there as no-one else applied for the job. I suggest more planning and professionalism, and if you know someone is not qualified for the job, don't waste their time in bringing them from another county.

Online Merchandiser Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview - With their internal resource - very friendly & casual - Lasted around 20 minutes
    Face to Face Interview - With two members of their merchandising team - Lasted around 1 hour
    Final Interview = Case Study - With the same two members of their team + a quick Q&A with the senior manager after - Lasted around 1 hour

Interview Questions

• The usual, competency questions as well as a run through your CV
      Case Study = 20 minute presentation with Q&A's after   1 Answer

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Telefónica (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Asked me to come in done the face to face and than the phone interview they asked the exact same questions plus some stupid ones which were completely irrelevant fukin idiot on the phone needs to learn to do his job and when I found out he was the actual manager I felt lie shooting myself.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous role?
      Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   Answer Question

O2 Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Telefónica (Hull, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and completed the assessments. The next day I was called up to go through availability and asked some personal questions like pre booked holidays, I was also asked about my skills and current employment, I was told instantly that I have been invited to a face to face interview at the store.

The face to face interview took an hour and was asked a few questions regarding the 3 D'S (Deliver, Discover, Disrupt) and also to give examples relating to my current employment and hobbies. I was then asked to do a role play which wasn't as nerve racking as I thought it would be and was quite relaxed and comfortable. Towards the end we had a chat about the o2 employee benefits and the way o2 do things to protect customers data and information.

Retail Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

the Process took 4 weeks got as far as the telephone interview i strugled on the questions because of limited experiance. they also called abit later then the aranged time. make sure you prepare for the questions and have them infront of you when they call

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

I had to do a video interview in which I had to record my answer to each question. For each question I had one minute to think and then two minutes to answer. It was a total of five questions.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First your apply online, then you have to answer three questionaires from the company, which takes a while. Then you have to record an interview. Then you have a call

Interview Questions

• What was in my opinion the most useful technical gadget to work.   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefónica in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on the 8th Nov to an O2 Retail Advisor position. I was invited to complete online assessments, although I did not finish it completely, I received an email that I was successful and to look out for an email to schedule a telephone interview.

The telephone interview was 2 days after and it was literally a 5-minute screening, asking if I like working in a team, explain a time when you had to achieve a target, availability. Very simple and basic questions. The lady on the phone said that I have passed this stage and that she would like to put me forward for a face to face interview on the following Monday.

I went to the interview and the store manager was asking me a lot of questions, just to get to know me as a person and we did a short role play. After that, the manager was writing all my answers on a tablet and told me he will send this to the recruiter and to expect an email or phone call in the next few days.

I ended up receiving the phone call after a few hours that I was successful and received a verbal offer.

Just a word of advice, mainly be yourself and try to make your answers customer needs-related or you could refer to educational experience, but they want to know about your personality and how you would fit in also.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a person?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when someone had a problem and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you noticed a change or you had to change?   Answer Question