Telegraph Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.9

Talent Development Partner (Interim) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Screening with recruitment agency followed by 2 stage interview process which involved meeting 6 people.

Excessive recruitment process for interim role. Goal posts shifted so at the first stage I interviewed for one job and the second was for another role. First I was told it was for 3 month contract then 9 months on a temp to perm basis! It felt like an interview for a perm role all along and did not feel appropriate to be formally interviewed / grilled by HRBP's as a senior HR candidate who has managed this level of staff in a previous role - not very impressed! It would have been more fitting for it to have been an informal chemistry meeting. There was also a inappropriate comment made during the interview in relation to the existing talent function which did not sit well and I felt was unprofessional.

The feedback received post-interview made absolutely no sense. It sounded like it was made up! I've come away feeling like it probably would not have been a good fit so they made the right decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you consume news?
      Perception of the culture of TMG?
      What are current talent trends?
      How I influence?
      If you were a famous person who would you be and why?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

First it was online test on the hackerrank.
    Then there was a screening telephone interview. Then another phone interview to explain about the systems, which they asked too much in detail and had to invent somet things not to break the confidentiality agreement. In the end they just disapeared and no answer, which is very unprovesional.
    Waste of time.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely relaxed, very friendly and felt very welcomed. Went through my work and discussed each project, spoke about the things I have a passion for in design. Really nice interview

Commissioning Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Had two interviews within a week of each other with my direct line manager, plus another senior member of the team. Between the two interviews, I was asked to complete a written test which took me about 6 hours (involved having to come up with feature ideas, demonstrate commissioning skills and sub-edit an article). Good communication between me and HR. Offer came the day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between 'anticipate' and 'expect'?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group.

Interview

Interview with an HR Manager who was extremely rude and dismissive, not a great experience and certainly not what you would expect from someone in HR. Was a waste of my time and I do feel sorry for those employees who are supported by this HR manager!

IT Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews with a business case exercise and presentation to IT Solutions Architecture leadership.
    Offer was made below my current package that they were aware of the values from the beginning. During the negotiation process they just disappeared and never heard any more from them. Tremendously unprofessional their attitude. Very disappointing experience.

Editorial Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telegraph Media Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Relaxed interview. Assessments in spelling, editing, news knowledge etc. Friendly interview with just a nice conversation. We had to do a presentation about our most compelling piece of media we saw that month and then we had some tests which was relaxed. It was a really fun day. We got free vouchers for breakfast (or a drink) and for lunch.