Telenav Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telenav Marketing Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telenav (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

This was overall a definite negative experience.

For the phone screen , the recruiter set up an appointment for me to speak with the hiring manager. Either the recruiter forgot to inform the hiring manager of the date and time, or the hiring manager double-booked his appointments.

This happened again when we set up on-site interviews. The first time around, the recruiter said the interview was set up, but "might have forgotten" to confirm it with me. The second time we set up the interviews, one of the interviewers almost swore that I had to meet another person on his team. Ok, I was flexible enough to agree to meet this person. It turned out this extra person was not scheduled at all.

Oh, and they don't have the guts to tell me I'm not a good fit for the job because they're still blasting this job description on job search sites.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect our company will be in the next five years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Telenav

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telenav (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Process could have been faster.

Step 1: Phone screen from recruiter
    Step 2: Phone interview with hiring manager
    Step 3: Phone interview with someone on team
    Step 4: Onsite interview - 4 hours, mostly with team i would be working with + lunch interview

I have heard we eliminated step 3.

Interview Questions

• Mix of different brain teasers.   1 Answer
    • Digging into CV and specifics on past experience as they relate to current position.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telenav in November 2009.

Interview

A frustrating and insulting experience. I was asked no questions at all about my experience or qualifications, indicating to me that there was no intention of hiring me. I was instead immediately asked for my advice on what the company's strategy for survival should be (Google's free navigation is a huge threat.) Then I was asked to prepare an in-depth presentation for their CEO on my strategic recommendations, along with a complete competitive landscape and SWOT analysis.
    The interviewer, who claimed to be the hiring manager, but I found out later was not, is a twenty-something year old kid looking for someone to do his work for him for free. I decided to not waste my time and energy providing free consulting services.