Tellabs Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tellabs Operations Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tellabs Operations

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tellabs Operations in June 2015.

Interview

Relieved a phone call to schedule first round of a screening interview. Technical phone screen interview. Went very well and interviewer made me feel very comfortable. Few questions about networking and OSI model.
    Next day was invited for an in person interview. Very relaxed and informative about the company and companies goals, specially about the TAC teams goals and plans.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer issue and how would you go about to troubleshooting the issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was negotiated and was accepted.

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

Very comforting, laid back interview; told me all about the position the first 30 minutes, questions were answered back and forth, then asked me to tell him about myself and past experiences. He didn't ask any specific questions, besides if I told him something he was confused about on my resume.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tellabs Operations (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

1) First round is telephonic
    2) second round is in person
    3) hr round for offer if u clear first two rounds

Mostly they will concentrate on ur projects in CV and the coding skills and depending on the job requirement.
    If u r intervieing for Protocols team u need to have knowledge of what they meniotned in job description

Interview Questions

• If u have experience on Network , they will ask u questions abt wimax and lte network architecture.   1 Answer
    • Questions about protocols like SNMP, tunneling and MIBS   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnot negotiate on my offer, I accepeted whatever they offered, as i was moving from India I didn't negotiate

QA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tellabs Operations in January 2011.

Interview

The process started when attending a job fair which Tellabs held where one could speak directly with the hiring manager(s). The actual managers i eventually worked with were not present as the fair was held on a Saturday. In speaking with a manager from another team, where I thought i could fit in, mentioned I would actually be a better fit with the other team. He took my resume and forwarded the resume to the hiring manager. After following up, it took about 2 weeks for one of the hiring managers to call and have a phone screen. Although, I would not be reporting to her, she took the lead on the interview process as the manager would report to was on leave. Once the phone screen was complete, an in person interview was scheduled for a week later. After completing that round, I received a call from the manager I would actually report to as a follow up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tellabs Operations in June 2011.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with HR person. It included standard questions on why I want the position, what is my background and skills. Second interview was with team and included behavioral, skills and experience questions. And final interview was with a director asking again behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses and strengths? How would you deal with a certain problem? What would be your plan in a certain situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer and did not negotiate.