Telstra Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Graduate Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I applied on March 2015 through online application submission. You need to answer questions about yourself and other behavioural questions. Then, you will receive an invitation for online testing. After that was online video interview and Assessment center.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Motivational interview first before you present your case study that they send to you before the interview. Finally, you close with a behavioural interview and a chance to ask questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, then did online tests and a video montage interview. The video interview asked four questions, including one behavioral question. After that, I was invited to the assessment centre doing two group activities and one individual presentation. Received a phone call the day after the AC with feedback of my performance and another phone call two weeks after with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the main challenges as a Telstra Graduate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online Tests, Video Interview then AC. I don't make it through to final interview. Online tests were easy as long as you practice enough. Video interview can rerecord as many times as you want, which is good. AC takes only 2-3 hours, around 5 people in a group, and then asked you to decide a game and decide a new device for Telstra.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviews themselves were relatively easy and involved two separate speeches (at the group and individual interview stages). Having said that, there were multiple stages - including: 1) aptitude and personality test; 2) video montage stage; 3) group interview stage; 4) 1 on 1 interview. The interview process was friendly and welcoming. Telstra were very accommodating and worked hard to get me into a suitable group interview time (as I was interstate when asked to come in for group interview only two days later!).

My only criticism is that not enough notice was given for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used communication skills to manage a difficult client?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Assessment day was ok, but they tend to like people who cut off the other speakers in the group. Not a company I like since they want people who are extremely aggressive.

Self introduction, brief introduction on Telstra's profile, participated in two game sessions during the AC, then individual presentations.

Interview Questions

• What was your personal brand? (during assessment centre)   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

online test, web, assessment centre, final interview. Interview is primarily behavioural based where they try to understand your personalities. A presentation topic will be given 24 hrs prior to interviews for you to prepare

Interview Questions

• What is your personal brand?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Once we completed the assessment centre, individuals were invited back in for 1-on1 interview with hiring managers - mine was based in Melbourne so interview was over VC. Advised that Recruiter would get back in touch after a week - but my process extended to take 3 weeks and feedback was not provided in a timely manner.
    I ended up declining the offer as it wasnt what i was looking for - in my city. I understand i'd indicated i would be open to relocation, but the Recruiter hadnt advised me that the role was going to be based in the Hiring Managers team - which was in Melbourne.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you took initative and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online testing then Assessment Center. Typical online testing that involved analytics, emotional and english testing. They then provided challenging games to complete, which i found extremely difficult. The process was long and the contact during the process i found to be slow and unconvincing. There were a high calibre of applicants during my assessment centre of approx 30 ppl

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Average length for a graduate position, about 5 stages in total. The final interview was more relaxed and easy compared to most other companies. The online personality test was also less stringent.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember but it was typical behaviour style questions with a few Telstra/technology specific questions.   Answer Question