Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Brought in by a recruiter - same day notification. I was interviewed by the VP of Operations. He was very thorough in the interview process. I was hired on the spot with no experience in the industry and successfully negotiated a $5,000 increase after 90 day satisfactory probation period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$5,000 increase after 90 day probation period

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later the recruitment person asked some questions then told me I was shortlisted and had an interview with the Business Manager. Had the interview, then 3 days later I called up the recruitment peraon and got told that I wasn't proceeding to the next stage which was an interview with the Area Manager.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The process was very long and challenging at every stage but the hiring staff is really supportive. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable. Overall the interview was very good. Went on for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group situation. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because graduate salaries are standard

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

Online testing, video interview, AC and final interview in front of a panel consisting of a 5 min case study presentation which was given two days beforehand, and around an hour of behavioural questions. Feedback was that the CARE method needed to be strictly followed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

I was contacted by local recruitment agency that they have found a role for me which is aligned with my skills.

2 rounds of phone interviews were conducted.
      1. by HR,
    2. by HR + Panel. Very few technology questions asked. Focus was on aptitude testing.

Post-interviews, offer was provided via Email.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage project priorities? Relocation readiness etc.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra in May 2017.

Interview

online test
    video interview
    can record the response for as many times as you like. general questions
    AC
    AC is made up of 2 group activities and 1 personal presentation. only one assessor was listening besides you. easy atmosphere.
    final interview
    technical questions

Interview Questions

• how to improve customer service   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Literally one of the worst graduate processes out there, long, time consuming and awful communication. Too much preparation and too much is expected of you for so little, they do not hold their end of the bargain and don't even bother replying to you when you have questions. I do not recommend that anybody applies for Telstra, they are a waste of time and I can't believe that I even bothered to apply and go to the assessment centre and then the interview on two seperate occasions. They advertise a lot, but their workplace is awful and the people I had the interview with were boring and uninspiring.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was through their graduate program channel.The process was smooth and the experience was pretty nice.It involves several stages like online applications,online quiz,video interview,assessment center and final stages. Unlike other video interviews, their video interview allows the candidates to record as many times as they like.

Interview Questions

• 1, Why Telstra?
      2, Why this stream?
      3,2 technologies you foresee will affect the company
      1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Usual, long interview process. Although i didn't get the job, i got through to the video interview and the questions were extremely specific and hard. Overall, it seems like a pretty cool company and its changing into a tech company.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the three main challenges as a Telstra Graduate and why? Telstra has numerous things to offer; business exposure, unlimited opportunities and cutting edge technology, to name a few. How will Telstra and our Graduate Program help facilitate your career goal?   1 Answer