Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

Summer Vacation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4-5 months. Online assessment interviews, Video interview, Phone interview and if you get to the final stage is a Case presentation in front of a panel.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Two Interviews
    One Virtual with questions about customer service/ Work Experience
    2nd with questions about the same + anything you want to ask of them . Questions appear to be roughly similar to the first interview questions only face to face.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you went the extra mile for a customer. Answer using the framework response   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Here are the set of rounds I went through

Round 1) HR screening round
    To understand the experience you have and what made you apply to this role
    Round 2) General manager and another manager did a technical round of interview
    Fully technical round with hands on questionnaire to solve a backlog prioritization issue. This is a core round to check the skill level of the person. Also there were behavioural questions.
    Round 3) Psychometric online test (can be taken from home too)
    Be honest in responding. The only way to do this is to quickly respond without taking more time on each question.
    Round 4) Interview with Director
    More like a formality. What work has been accomplished in the past, behavioural questions, challenges faced and how it was resolved.
    Round 5) Remuneration discussion with HR.

Summer Vacation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

lodge online application, then I was invited for an online test. Few days after I got invitation for video interview, then followed by final interview. The day after I received feedback and rejection from them

Interview Questions

• what challenge you may have if you are in this programme   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Telstra in August 2017.

Interview

placement process consist of three rounds: online test; technical interview ; hr round
    online round was on hackerrank with 2 section having 4 questions
    interview round was quiet simple focusing on java, oop and dbms
    hr was also simple with typical hr questions

Vacation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely fast process considering there were 4 stages in total. Great communication in between the stages as well, received txts to check our email inbox when something important was sent. Recommend attending the Tech:Connect event as it gave more insight about the process and company. What I loved most about the application was that you could retake your video interview as many times as you wanted over 3 days, and the case study in final interview was given 2 days prior which seemed more realistic to real life work as oppose to putting you on the spot. You also get to talk to a graduate 1-on-1 for a few minutes before your final interview which helps you get into conversation and feel more relaxed! 2 interviewers (both very friendly).
    Cons: Being designated to a specific area in Networks for the vacation program without really knowing why. Telling us there’d likely be situational questions when there was only one.

Interview Questions

• - Why Telstra
      - What do you hope to gain from this program?
      - Why did you choose your degree?
      - Describe a memorable group project   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, it took 5 months to get an offer. I had 8 interviews including F2F, Over the Phone scenario questions, online exams, personality tests, HR interviews ...etc. Overall interview process depends on the position applied.

Grad Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

same as how it has been described,
    I have just completed the online [video] interview.
    I thought I did terrible in the cognitive test but I got through to the next stage, despite getting most wrong on the practice [the beginning as described during the process] of the test.

Interview Questions

• Discuss ONE personal attribute that makes you unique and outline how you would use this to contribute to the ongoing success of Telstra. [2 mins]   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online interview has five questions and mostly regarding to past sales experience.
    All the questions you can choose to record multiple times and quit in the middle of the interview and continue next time before due date

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when customer has a great sales experience with you.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

online test, web, assessment centre, final interview. Interview is primarily behavioural based where they try to understand your personalities. A presentation topic will be given 24 hrs prior to interviews for you to prepare