Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Business - Graduate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

There were a couple os stages. The first one is submitting the online application, then the personality screening. After that was the IQ/skills testing and then it was the Video Interview stage. The video interview stage was surprisingly difficult as they allow you multiple attempts to answer the question and some of the questions were rather difficult, I only managed to get up to that stage, but I imagine other stages would be a group/panel presentation and then 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are 2 technologies that can significantly impact Telstra's future revenue and profits?   1 Answer

Casual Customer Sales & Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

To apply you need a cover letter and need to answer a few questions regarding your motivations and experience in sales.
    Next step is a video interview. ( I don't remember questions pretty basic though and you can re-record and preview questions beforehand which makes it pretty easy)
    Next step is phone interview where again they ask you basic questions.
    Next step is in-store interview with the store manager which was mostly behavioural questions (I got 4) and your availabilities and future plans

Interview Questions

• Recall a time in which you made a mistake and had to own up to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online Application, Successful candidates are invited to a series of online testings, if they are successful they proceed to a video interview, upon success they are invited to an Assessment Centre. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a final interview. The final interview involves a series of situational, behavioral and case study based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us Something that we cannot see from your resume   1 Answer

Technical Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

First is the online assessment, which is provided by shl. After that is a video interview to be recorded. This is probably the only one that can be re-recorded for as many times as you can, so make sure you have enough preparation for it. I went to the AC for the graduate program. There were two group activities and one individual presentation. The brief of the presentation will be sent to you the day before your AC.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that we wouldn't learn from reading your resume?   Answer Question

Field Deployment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

First applied via recruitment agency. Got an phone Interview with agency. weeks later had an panel interview with team leaders.The position is for entry level somehow the behavioural questions were tough. The whole process took around 3 weeks

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Applied directly to HR, met HR and then line manager. Feedback was quick considering it is such a large company. Overall a good experience and I would certainly recommend apply to Telstra. HR manager kept me in loop via regular phone calls and emails.

Interview Questions

• Good conversation on my experiences to date, what I was looking for in a role and company.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The process took around 4mths starting with sending my cv in, phone interview, online test and lastly a group session at the Telstra training session in Melb that was group activities and a panel interview.
    Honestly thought that everything went really well and was told on the Friday that we would find out on the Monday/Tuesday. Waited till Thursday still didn't hear anything so called to follow up. Later received an email saying was unsuccessful with no feedback or anything. For a big company it's pretty upsetting you have o sit around and wait so long then to be told nothing but if you're interested apply for future job. I don't know how I can take so many days off work in order to keep applying for a process that takes so long.
    Good luck to everyone that applies in the future. I hope the process is faster and more successful than mine.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screening - when have you used the skills advertised in the job listing, why telstra, salary expectations 2. Panel - Mix of technical and behavioral questions relating to the role. Diving deeper into questions asked during phone screening. 3. Case study presentation - if successful after the panel, sent a case study to complete. Present this to the GM and Director of the BU with a Q&A that follows.

Graduation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

There are several steps. First, you will need to fill out the application forms online. Then they will send your online tests ( Situational Judgment Test and Cognitive Reasoning Assessments). Once you pass the two tests, you will be processed to video interview steps, where you need to answer several interview questions. The video interview can be recorded many times so that you can try to be your best. Next is the assessment center and last is the final interview. I was not lucky enough to get through the video interview, so I know little about the following processes...

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call, interview was setup, had face-to-face interview and then cold silence for over a month. The follow-up with the internal recruiter met no response. I am left to feel it was a waste of time to share my excitement for the role and meet the team that made no contact to either provide feedback or a decision. While I understand there are always large volumes of applicants for a role. not getting back to them for being "busy" is no excuse/ My advice : Don't bother applying.