Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Online application -> Video Interview (can be re-recorded) -> Final Interview

The final interview is a presentation and a 1:1 interview with the line manager. After 2-3 days they will come back with decision and feedback, which is a plus.

Interview Questions

• They will give you a case study, typically about Telstra and a technology that they are testing.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Online testing questions were very difficult, especially the numerical reasoning ones which were confusing and had large time constraints. Definitely practice a lot of these before starting. Video interview you have 72 hours to record so you can practice.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

It started with submitting the online application (i.e. CV, short answer questions). Once passing through that step we were sent a link to complete online psychometric/aptitude testing. Once passing that, then an online/video interview. This was not with an actual person, but just responding to questions aloud. After that we were invited on-site for an interview. I had 2 people in my interview (hiring manager and someone from HR). Then a few days later came the offer.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Two Interviews
    One Virtual with questions about customer service/ Work Experience
    2nd with questions about the same + anything you want to ask of them . Questions appear to be roughly similar to the first interview questions only face to face.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you went the extra mile for a customer. Answer using the framework response   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Telstra in June 2013.

Interview

what are accounting and finance about?
    How do you do the accounting statements?

Interview Questions

• According to your resume, you don't have any experience in the field of accounting. Can you give me a reasonable explanation?   1 Answer

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (East Timor)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Pune (East Timor)) in May 2017.

Interview

first there was a online coding round. 8 questions were given . i did 4 and got selected for interview round.
    1st was a hangout interview behavioural questions were asked , was easy.
    2nd was again on hangout and was a technical round . i did well but dont know why i was rejected.

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (New Delhi (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

On Campus Interview:

First round: Online test for 2 hours consisting of two sections. Each section had 4 coding question. Atleast two question should be solved in each section. First section has basic implementation question which can be solved using loops and some logic. Second section had permutation and combination, DP, graphs question.
    6 shortlisted for next round

Second Round: It was a tech interview on Google hangouts. Interviewer focused mainly on oops concepts, data structure and SQL. Also the interviewer asked me to explain all the projects mentioned in my resume. Some basic hr question were also asked.

Third Round: Again, the interview was on Google hangouts. Asked some basic c questions on pointers. Also, the interviewer asked me to mention all the technologies I used in my projects. Again some basic hr question.

Both the interviewer were very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Difference between c and c++   Answer Question
    • Why we use object oriented programming and explain inheritance using an example.   Answer Question
    • How to insert a new number in array, vector, linked list( which LL would be best for insertion)?   Answer Question
    • Difference between stacks, queues and heaps.   Answer Question
    • Many questions on SQL   Answer Question
    • What is dangling pointer?   Answer Question
    • Puzzle: There are 10 buckets. 99 buckets have 100 coins each weighing 10g. One bucket has 100 coins but of coin weighing 11g. Identify the bucket with coin weighing 11g.   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Mumbai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

3 rounds were conducted in college placement.
    1st round was about aptitude and programming test.In this round, some technical aptitude questions and five programming questions based on data structure & algorithms were asked.

In the 2nd round, Google hangout interview was conducted. In this interview, the focus was on computer science projects and concepts.

3rd round was all about HR-round.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in your grad project? How you managed to cooperate in project group?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

1. java concepts: OOP, interface, abstract class, Threads.
    2. Linked List questions.
    3. Asked to describe the course projects in detail. Asked questions based on that.
    4. Other DS like Tree, Graph and application of such data structures.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - including initial communications, planning, and number of interviews. Bonus points for your perception of the people, office, and work culture.