Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was just me and 2 interviewers (who were team leaders/managers) in their respective groups - if you were successful you were going to be either of their teams. The process had case presentation (Which you received 2 days before) and a few behavioural.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

Process started with situational and numerical online testing. After a few days of completing the tests, I received an email to complete a video montage (heaps of companies are doing these now!) which was relatively easy but a bit awkward. It wasn't until a month later I received a phone call offering me a face-to-face interview. This interview was with two managers, and I had to prepare a 5 minute presentation on a case study the sent me 48 hours before the interview.

Interview Questions

• An unusual question they asked (classified as a "curly question") was "how many cars are there in *city*?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Application process starts with filling out questions online. Then a phone interview which asks behavioural questions e.g. tell us about a time when _______. Then the online testing stage.Then a face to face interview with someone in management asking behavioural questions again, background check. Then offers and contract signing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us the subjects that you did best/worst in and why?   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

3 stages - initial screening, more in depth about experience and the person, then panel case study presentation. Then online tests for personality and aptitude
    Met about 8 different people including hiring manager, management of associated teams, and HR.

Capacity Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 1 00% Technical and 1 HR interview then they took 3 weeks to offer me. They were really well organised and technical. They made me easy before interview,

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

First j review was over phone
    Second was panel with 2 sales manager. Challenging questions from interviewers ...
    2 people playing good cop and bad ..........
    Provide customer examples.... also will do interview role plays and understand thinking process....................
    Do you have a girlfriend, wife....boyfriend which was inappropriate.... felt I was in a big brother house popularity audition..... one interviewer ended up Leaving for a Telstra partner later... ended up bailing him up with some feedback the years prior...

Senior Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

3 step process with, direct leader, 1 up and HR. The process was straight forward and clearly directed by HR. I had to go the London office 3 times and the questions were straight forward and self explanatory of the company and what to expect if i joined.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with a Global organisation.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Experience based covering the full length of the career and explaining the types of projects undertaken. Technologies used and leadership roles performed are vital. Questions are based on individual experiences and therefore there is no correct answer

Interview Questions

• Past projects and execution techniques   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2019.

Interview

Behaviour based questions, some areas are better prepared with questions than others, have to go through usually 3 rounds of interviews, interviews are conducted offshore first. Offshore screening process was poor with literacy skills and follow ups as stated not up to standard.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by behavioural interview with hiring manager followed by meeting with General Manager

Interview Questions

• Open ended question about 'what do you think about how well a certain practice is implemented at the organization (Eg Agile)?'   Answer Question