Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Senior Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through an internal redeploy program as I was made redundant in Brisbane. I interviewed at Telstra by Telstra HR Recruiters in March 2018. Due to Telstra outsource all HR staff overseas, All Telstra Recruiters are in Philippine, The interview is via phone only, It was difficult to understand the questions or the Recruiters understood my conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you face a difficult activity in a project (Describe it in CARE format (Condition, Action, Result & Evident), What did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2019.

Interview

It was wonderful. Awesome office setup.
    First round was pure technical and second round was managerial and as usual finished with HR discussion. They took 4-5 weeks to release offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by in person group interview followed by one hour technical interview over the phone. There was no coding test involved. Single point of contact throughout the process until offer made to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you watch a log file in real time in Linux?   1 Answer

Technical Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2010.

Interview

Easy process
    Mostly Behavioral questions and some skill based questions (Basic)

Negotiation

Internal Offer - no negotiaion

Technical Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2010.

Interview

Like many large organisations, the people you deal with during the application phase are not the people that interview, or that you may be actually working with.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall - none were that unexpected or difficult really   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a - offer exceeded my expectations

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I was recruited through Telstra Graduate Program. I went through 2 rounds of interviews with different engineering team managers. They only asked very general technical questions such as what port numbers do you know, and some behavior questions such as what if you are working with someone who you do not like to work with.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions to test your personality and attitudes. How will you deal with other people who are giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra in September 2014.

Interview

Applied via Telstra career website. Received contact from Telstra HR after 3 weeks for Initial phone screening. Did an Online test one day later and proceeded to Second phone interview (behavioral). Telstra HR was very professional and friendly which eased a lot of my nerve. Received an invitation for a Face-to-face interview (behavioral and technical). It's crucial to practice behavioral questions based on your own experience and stories. The technical questions covered a rather wide span of areas so it's best to do revision as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you anticipated a client's need?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do research on current market pay for similar roles. Cal also ask HR what their budget is for the role as well and discuss from there.

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telstra in May 2011.

Interview

Got called by HR if interested.
    Had panel interview with 2 managers and HR rep. Asked generic and behavioural questions. Went for about 1 hour.
    Then had psych and personality questions/review I had to do Online.
    Then had final interview with senior mgmt. Again behavioral questions and why I should be chosen and why I wanted to work there.
    All up about 8 week process.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding information about a customer without contacting them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you think the job entails   1 Answer

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

-Non existent and superficial
    -Interviewer was 15mins late
    -Entire process ran for months with lot of follow up calls to get traction
    -Significant disconnect between the hiring manager and HR that I had to call the hiring manager and HR after obtaining a piece of information, to ensure that both of them were aligned.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join my team and what do you bring to the team?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, it took 5 months to get an offer. I had 8 interviews including F2F, Over the Phone scenario questions, online exams, personality tests, HR interviews ...etc. Overall interview process depends on the position applied.