Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Once we completed the assessment centre, individuals were invited back in for 1-on1 interview with hiring managers - mine was based in Melbourne so interview was over VC. Advised that Recruiter would get back in touch after a week - but my process extended to take 3 weeks and feedback was not provided in a timely manner.
    I ended up declining the offer as it wasnt what i was looking for - in my city. I understand i'd indicated i would be open to relocation, but the Recruiter hadnt advised me that the role was going to be based in the Hiring Managers team - which was in Melbourne.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you took initative and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Average length for a graduate position, about 5 stages in total. The final interview was more relaxed and easy compared to most other companies. The online personality test was also less stringent.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember but it was typical behaviour style questions with a few Telstra/technology specific questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online testing then Assessment Center. Typical online testing that involved analytics, emotional and english testing. They then provided challenging games to complete, which i found extremely difficult. The process was long and the contact during the process i found to be slow and unconvincing. There were a high calibre of applicants during my assessment centre of approx 30 ppl

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Literally one of the worst graduate processes out there, long, time consuming and awful communication. Too much preparation and too much is expected of you for so little, they do not hold their end of the bargain and don't even bother replying to you when you have questions. I do not recommend that anybody applies for Telstra, they are a waste of time and I can't believe that I even bothered to apply and go to the assessment centre and then the interview on two seperate occasions. They advertise a lot, but their workplace is awful and the people I had the interview with were boring and uninspiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume and cover letter application

Online Cognitive Reasoning Assessments - two stages, kicking off with a Situational Judgement Test. If successful complete this stage, you'll receive another email outlining the details of the second test which is numerical

Digital interview

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being main challenges as a Telstra Graduate and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The process was very long and challenging at every stage but the hiring staff is really supportive. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable. Overall the interview was very good. Went on for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group situation. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because graduate salaries are standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, completed various skills test. Overall skills test was quite difficult with strict time frame. Was contacted via email 2 weeks after the online tests that I was unsuccessful.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Usual, long interview process. Although i didn't get the job, i got through to the video interview and the questions were extremely specific and hard. Overall, it seems like a pretty cool company and its changing into a tech company.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the three main challenges as a Telstra Graduate and why? Telstra has numerous things to offer; business exposure, unlimited opportunities and cutting edge technology, to name a few. How will Telstra and our Graduate Program help facilitate your career goal?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviews themselves were relatively easy and involved two separate speeches (at the group and individual interview stages). Having said that, there were multiple stages - including: 1) aptitude and personality test; 2) video montage stage; 3) group interview stage; 4) 1 on 1 interview. The interview process was friendly and welcoming. Telstra were very accommodating and worked hard to get me into a suitable group interview time (as I was interstate when asked to come in for group interview only two days later!).

My only criticism is that not enough notice was given for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used communication skills to manage a difficult client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was through their graduate program channel.The process was smooth and the experience was pretty nice.It involves several stages like online applications,online quiz,video interview,assessment center and final stages. Unlike other video interviews, their video interview allows the candidates to record as many times as they like.

Interview Questions

• 1, Why Telstra?
      2, Why this stream?