Telstra Interview Questions in Melbourne, Australia | Glassdoor

3.1

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online, asked to do an online video interview which required me to record 5 videos answering their questions. Then it's the final stage where the store manager takes on you and ask some behavioral questions since it's a casual position. Overall the process didn't take long, but it's casual so your mileage may vary.

Summer Vacation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

lodge online application, then I was invited for an online test. Few days after I got invitation for video interview, then followed by final interview. The day after I received feedback and rejection from them

Interview Questions

• what challenge you may have if you are in this programme   Answer Question

Vacation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely fast process considering there were 4 stages in total. Great communication in between the stages as well, received txts to check our email inbox when something important was sent. Recommend attending the Tech:Connect event as it gave more insight about the process and company. What I loved most about the application was that you could retake your video interview as many times as you wanted over 3 days, and the case study in final interview was given 2 days prior which seemed more realistic to real life work as oppose to putting you on the spot. You also get to talk to a graduate 1-on-1 for a few minutes before your final interview which helps you get into conversation and feel more relaxed! 2 interviewers (both very friendly).
    Cons: Being designated to a specific area in Networks for the vacation program without really knowing why. Telling us there’d likely be situational questions when there was only one.

Interview Questions

• - Why Telstra
      - What do you hope to gain from this program?
      - Why did you choose your degree?
      - Describe a memorable group project   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, it took 5 months to get an offer. I had 8 interviews including F2F, Over the Phone scenario questions, online exams, personality tests, HR interviews ...etc. Overall interview process depends on the position applied.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online interview has five questions and mostly regarding to past sales experience.
    All the questions you can choose to record multiple times and quit in the middle of the interview and continue next time before due date

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when customer has a great sales experience with you.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Was called for an interview around 2 weeks after I sent out my application online. I was seated with a test lead and a test analyst during the interview. They asked about my work background and thrown in a lot of behavioural questions. They asked a couple of questions on Agile Methodology.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The process was very long and challenging at every stage but the hiring staff is really supportive. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable. Overall the interview was very good. Went on for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked in a group situation. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because graduate salaries are standard

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Literally one of the worst graduate processes out there, long, time consuming and awful communication. Too much preparation and too much is expected of you for so little, they do not hold their end of the bargain and don't even bother replying to you when you have questions. I do not recommend that anybody applies for Telstra, they are a waste of time and I can't believe that I even bothered to apply and go to the assessment centre and then the interview on two seperate occasions. They advertise a lot, but their workplace is awful and the people I had the interview with were boring and uninspiring.

Telstra Retail Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was not too difficult all together, however I found the individual interview behavioural questions to be the most challenging.
    Online application
    2 x online test
    Video interview (unlimited re-records)
    Assessment centre (group interview) - 2 group collaborative tasks and a 3 minute presentation on 'my personal brand'.
    Individual interview - case study presentation (5 mins), and behavioural questions.

GraduateProgram Interview

Application

Interview

Online Application(CV+Cover letter),Online test(behavioural and analytical skills) ,Video Interview(Contained 5 questions) ,Assessment centre(Team work and presentation),Final Interview done by group of two. I have gone through all but got rejected at last interview

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you collaborate with a team.Use CARE method   Answer Question