Telstra Interview Questions in Melbourne, Australia | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

Telecommunications Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The process took around 4mths starting with sending my cv in, phone interview, online test and lastly a group session at the Telstra training session in Melb that was group activities and a panel interview.
    Honestly thought that everything went really well and was told on the Friday that we would find out on the Monday/Tuesday. Waited till Thursday still didn't hear anything so called to follow up. Later received an email saying was unsuccessful with no feedback or anything. For a big company it's pretty upsetting you have o sit around and wait so long then to be told nothing but if you're interested apply for future job. I don't know how I can take so many days off work in order to keep applying for a process that takes so long.
    Good luck to everyone that applies in the future. I hope the process is faster and more successful than mine.

Graduation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

There are several steps. First, you will need to fill out the application forms online. Then they will send your online tests ( Situational Judgment Test and Cognitive Reasoning Assessments). Once you pass the two tests, you will be processed to video interview steps, where you need to answer several interview questions. The video interview can be recorded many times so that you can try to be your best. Next is the assessment center and last is the final interview. I was not lucky enough to get through the video interview, so I know little about the following processes...

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call, interview was setup, had face-to-face interview and then cold silence for over a month. The follow-up with the internal recruiter met no response. I am left to feel it was a waste of time to share my excitement for the role and meet the team that made no contact to either provide feedback or a decision. While I understand there are always large volumes of applicants for a role. not getting back to them for being "busy" is no excuse/ My advice : Don't bother applying.

Casual Sales and Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took about 1 month. I applied online. I received an invitation to record a montage video interview which consisted of 5 questions a few days after I applied for the role. A few weeks later, I was called in to have a face to face interview with two store leaders being asked behavioural and situational questions and getting to know you which went for about 45 minutes. On the same day, I was told if I had gotten the role or not. After being successful, I a form was sent to my referees to fill in and then a background check.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process carried out by a recruitment consultant, who put my CV forward to Telstra.
    I was not interviewed by the Directors at Telstra as this was a short-term temp assignment.

Interview Questions

• What sorts of skills could I bring to the role?   1 Answer

Summer Vacation - Networks Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Online Application - fairly straight forward, included some longer form questions.
    2. Online Testing - standard psychometric tests
    3. Video Interview -had 72 hours to complete five questions, you could record your answer as many times as you liked
    4. Final Interview - really good, relaxed vibe. 45 minutes or so, answered 3-4 behavioural questions, had a case study I had prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on customer experience, teamwork. Make sure you are familiar with Telstra's values   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

The application process was quite quick. After the submission online, there was then invitation for the testing and then a video interview. Testing was not out of the ordinary compared to other similar summer vac programs. The video interview allowed to unlimited attempts, so it allowed to really perfect the final product and no doubt favour those keen to thoroughly research and prepare. The final interview was very much behavioural based questions, with only a few questions which seemed off-script.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

It began with an online psychometric test, followed by a video interview involving 5 questions that were behavioural and fairly standard. Then there was a final interview 1 on 1 with a Telstra manager with more behavioural interview questions. They Don't seem to care about specific skills, only who you are and whether you'll fit in with their weird family-less engineers.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, then did online tests and a video montage interview. The video interview asked four questions, including one behavioral question. After that, I was invited to the assessment centre doing two group activities and one individual presentation. Received a phone call the day after the AC with feedback of my performance and another phone call two weeks after with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the main challenges as a Telstra Graduate?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

One of the HR person contacted me via LinkedIn and organised an initial phone screen within a week, After that I got a interview in the next week. The interview went for almost an hour and mainly they focused in asking my previous experience and future career plan.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years time if you work for us?   Answer Question