Telstra Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and automatically received a link to do an online assessment. Then was asked to complete a recorded montage video interview where there are five questions to answer and you can record your answers as many times as you like. After this it was an in store interview with the assistant store leaders where they basically asked the same behavioural questions that were asked in the video interview. Very tedious interview process just for a casual sales position and the interview questions were repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you've had with working towards KPI's and what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later the recruitment person asked some questions then told me I was shortlisted and had an interview with the Business Manager. Had the interview, then 3 days later I called up the recruitment peraon and got told that I wasn't proceeding to the next stage which was an interview with the Area Manager.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process that went through a few questions, in a group setting. A few team building exercises that sees how you do in a team environment. Followed by role play on phones in the back to see how you do with systems and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

After online application, I received a phone call to answer a couple simple interview questions. A week later, an email was sent through to confirm the success of my application and phone interview, and I was welcomed to come into the store to have an inteview with the store leader along with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you exceeded the customer's expectation   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muswellbrook (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Muswellbrook (Australia)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had telephone interview and then fave to face and then unpaid trial day I do not believe in these days as a couple of people were trailed I thought these had to be paid now the process was a bit long as after the trial day I had to make contact again over 2 weeks later to chase the application up

Interview Questions

• Typical questions why did you apply, what sales experience etc   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra in January 2013.

Interview

Applied via seek.com and was contacted a few days after. Had an over the phone interview, an in store interview with the managers, and then a second interview with the area manager. It was slightly tedious but I felt as though they were doing this as quickly and properly as they could.

Interview Questions

• What would make us hire you over the next person?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview first - basic questions based on past experience and I got the feeling that the interviewer was judging my phone manner as well.
    Actual interview - behaviour questions were the main focus of the interview. Questions that called on you to draw from specific examples from your own past experience designed to probe into your work ethic, mental agility, problem solving skills, and your behaviour under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example where you demonstrated up-selling or cross-selling on a call......   1 Answer
    • Give me a specific example of your objection handling skills.....   1 Answer

I recieved a better offer elsewhere with greater pay and more flexible hours.