Telstra Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

2.8

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview first - basic questions based on past experience and I got the feeling that the interviewer was judging my phone manner as well.
Actual interview - behaviour questions were the main focus of the interview. Questions that called on you to draw from specific examples from your own past experience designed to probe into your work ethic, mental agility, problem solving skills, and your behaviour under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example where you demonstrated up-selling or cross-selling on a call......   1 Answer
  • Give me a specific example of your objection handling skills.....   1 Answer

I recieved a better offer elsewhere with greater pay and more flexible hours.

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a brief 30 minute interview followed up by a short 30minute problem solving questionnaire. This was to prove you process in answering questions. Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hivu

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra in January 2013.

Interview

Applied via seek.com and was contacted a few days after. Had an over the phone interview, an in store interview with the managers, and then a second interview with the area manager. It was slightly tedious but I felt as though they were doing this as quickly and properly as they could.

Interview Questions

• What would make us hire you over the next person?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

In-store manager interview which consisted of job specific questions regarding sales as well as behavioural questions. The interview is very casual however is structured based on an interview module which interviewers will select questions from.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have taken end to end ownership fr a customer request. What did you do? How did you do this?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you established a plan and set up measurements to determine success or failure   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was through a ‘montage video’ where I had to video myself answering questions. The questions were easy but the app I had to use, provided by the interview itself, was bad quality and I’m hoping it doesn’t affect the application. It has been over 10 days since I finished the video.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

4 months. 4 steps of interview. online test, telephonic interview, mock video interview, face to face interview and then final reference checks and then offer. overall experience with interviews was nice. the interviewee in face to face interview was very cheerful and made things easier for me with his positive vibes and behaviour.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later the recruitment person asked some questions then told me I was shortlisted and had an interview with the Business Manager. Had the interview, then 3 days later I called up the recruitment peraon and got told that I wasn't proceeding to the next stage which was an interview with the Area Manager.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process that went through a few questions, in a group setting. A few team building exercises that sees how you do in a team environment. Followed by role play on phones in the back to see how you do with systems and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

After online application, I received a phone call to answer a couple simple interview questions. A week later, an email was sent through to confirm the success of my application and phone interview, and I was welcomed to come into the store to have an inteview with the store leader along with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you exceeded the customer's expectation   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and automatically received a link to do an online assessment. Then was asked to complete a recorded montage video interview where there are five questions to answer and you can record your answers as many times as you like. After this it was an in store interview with the assistant store leaders where they basically asked the same behavioural questions that were asked in the video interview. Very tedious interview process just for a casual sales position and the interview questions were repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you've had with working towards KPI's and what was the result?   Answer Question