Telstra Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st over the phone with internal recruitment officer. Supposed to take 30 minutes, lasted over an hour. Situational type questions "tell me about a time where....". Standard screening questions that an experienced candidate should be able to answer with little to no preparation.

Risk and Compliance Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

very professional and behavioral questions. Interview started on right time and manager was very friendly and ensured i was comfortable.Behavioral questions were asked and most dealt with how important is to send communication templates to customer ( sms for any delays in orders or email about appt confirmation)

Interview Questions

• 1.how do you motivate your colleague?
      2. identify any risk in process or business objective and what measure has been taken to mitigate it?
      3.do you know how to use visio, sharepoint and give me a scenario where these applications are used and how?
      4.define risk and what are the control points to mitigate risk
      1 Answer

Summer Vacationer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, Telstra's recruitment process was very smooth and efficient, and it was very evident that the recruiters were valuing applicants based on their personality and qualifications. Began with a standard online application, followed by a video interview (which you were able to re-record multiple times over a 48 hour period) and final interview.

I was most pleased with the recruitment team's constant updates from the very beginning. Their team also gave me plenty of feedback throughout the entire process and also connected me with a graduate to discuss the final interview and case study. I initially applied for their Marketing stream, before being called to consider a different stream. I'm very thankful for their consideration and effort in reaching out to me, as I have now successfully been placed in their Business/Commerce stream, which I'm thrilled to take part in!

Interview Questions

• Behavioural question - when did you have to work in a challenging environment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

After 5 days apply on telstra website, i receive a mail to link me to video interview.During video interview, there are 5 questions for candidates to repsonse. However, the first thing is to get ready of your camera which takes me 5 mins to prepare.Fortunately, the video interview has unlimit re-record options which means you can exercise and do your best at your interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you are best for this position   Answer Question
    • what will you do achieve customer expection during a certain situation   Answer Question

Telstra Graduate Program - Finance and Strategy Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Six stage process: 1. online application form; 2. online situational judgment test (untimed); 3. online verbal and numerical tests (both timed); 4. online video interview where you record responses to automated questions (timed); 5. assessment centre with two group activities and a 3 minute presentation with an assessor and some of the other candidates; and 6. final interview involving a 5 minute presentation on a finance-related case study and a behavioural interview.

It was very disappointing that such a long and involved multi-stage process had no bearing on the outcome: the interviewers in the final interview made an assessment about your suitability for the role based on your performance in that interview without any reference to your performance in any of the steps prior to the interview. In addition, the interviewers in the final interview asked very specific, technical questions about a finance-related topic. Your answers to these questions had the most bearing on whether you got the position. This was evident from a post-interview courtesy call from a member of Telstra's recruitment team where they gave you the interviewers' feedback and let you know the outcome. However, you were given no forewarning from Telstra's recruitment team that technical questions were going to be asked in the interview and, therefore, could not adequately prepare for such questions.

Interview Questions

• The interview was with two managers from the relevant business team in Finance and Strategy. The “relevant business team” is the team you nominate to Telstra’s recruiters as your preferred business team.

The interview was structured in three parts: 1. a 5 minute presentation on a finance-related case study; 2. behavioural interview; and 3. some time for questions for the interviewers.

The case study presentation is relatively straight forward if you have prepared, but be ready to answer the interviewers’ questions about the content of the presentation.

The interviewers asked standard questions during the behavioural interview such as:

“1. Why have you applied to Telstra and why would you be a good fit for a role in the Finance and Strategy team?

2. Describe a time when you had to work in a team. What role did you play? What were some of the challenges you faced and what was the outcome?

3. Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership. What difficulties did you face and how did you overcome them?”

Prior to the interview we were advised by Telstra’s recruitment team to answer the behavioural questions using the “CARE” method: 1. “Context” where you give a brief outline of the situation and the challenges you faced; 2. “Actions” where you talk through the key steps you took to resolve / manage the situation; 3. “Results” where you summarise the outcome of your actions; and 4. “Evidence” where you provide examples to support / back up the results you just described.

It's a good idea to have prepared some questions for the interviewers about Telstra, the role, the relevant business unit, career paths etc. because there will probably be some time left at the end for these questions.
      Answer Question

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I applied on March 2016 through online application submission. You need to answer questions about yourself and other behavioural questions. Then, you will receive an invitation for online testing. After that was online video interview and Assessment center.

Interview Questions

• What's the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn't learn from you resume?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Assessment day was ok, but they tend to like people who cut off the other speakers in the group. Not a company I like since they want people who are extremely aggressive.

Self introduction, brief introduction on Telstra's profile, participated in two game sessions during the AC, then individual presentations.

Interview Questions

• What was your personal brand? (during assessment centre)   Answer Question

Senior Raised Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

First of all was a quick interview over the phone with a Telstra Career HR person just asking why do you want to apply for the role and what you currently do. Then was a second interview over the phone with the same person asking behavioral questions related to work experiences.
    After that I was invited for a third interview, this time a physical one with a panel of 4 (manager, Sr manager and 2 x colleagues), again was a behavioral interview mixed with more technical questions about Data Centres.
    Again was invited for another interview (final one with Director and another manager) and it was more like a pub chat where you can talk in a relax way. I was told that the decision was only between me and other candidate, but at the end I wasn't successful.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question like: Tell me about a time when.....
      Technical questions like differences between TIER3 and TIER4 Dcs, AC vs DC, types of air conditioning systems, etc...
      Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bella Vista (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (Bella Vista (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

Was put forward by a recruiter. Informal Interview. Basically discussed the role. No real interview questions asked. Received offer the next day. Employee Contract was signed after the Start Date.

Summer Vacation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a relatively easy interview.
    2 managers were at my interview.
    The behaviour questions did throw me off a bit, however if you are prepared for behavioural questions then you should be fine.
    No technical questions, rather you show off your technical knowledge in the presentation you have to give. Present yourself as confident and knowledgable, and definitely prepare content that is related to what is happening at that period.

Note: it doesn't matter if your interview was longer or shorter than others. Content is what matters.