Telstra Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

Here are the set of rounds I went through

Round 1) HR screening round
    To understand the experience you have and what made you apply to this role
    Round 2) General manager and another manager did a technical round of interview
    Fully technical round with hands on questionnaire to solve a backlog prioritization issue. This is a core round to check the skill level of the person. Also there were behavioural questions.
    Round 3) Psychometric online test (can be taken from home too)
    Be honest in responding. The only way to do this is to quickly respond without taking more time on each question.
    Round 4) Interview with Director
    More like a formality. What work has been accomplished in the past, behavioural questions, challenges faced and how it was resolved.
    Round 5) Remuneration discussion with HR.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

online test, web, assessment centre, final interview. Interview is primarily behavioural based where they try to understand your personalities. A presentation topic will be given 24 hrs prior to interviews for you to prepare

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and automatically received a link to do an online assessment. Then was asked to complete a recorded montage video interview where there are five questions to answer and you can record your answers as many times as you like. After this it was an in store interview with the assistant store leaders where they basically asked the same behavioural questions that were asked in the video interview. Very tedious interview process just for a casual sales position and the interview questions were repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience you've had with working towards KPI's and what was the result?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online interview. Very basic interview questions. I did it on my laptop with my web cam. You can refer to the sample answers online and came up with a unique answer yourself.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was through their graduate program channel.The process was smooth and the experience was pretty nice.It involves several stages like online applications,online quiz,video interview,assessment center and final stages. Unlike other video interviews, their video interview allows the candidates to record as many times as they like.

Interview Questions

• 1, Why Telstra?
      2, Why this stream?
      3,2 technologies you foresee will affect the company   1 Answer

Casual Customer Sales & Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

To apply you need a cover letter and need to answer a few questions regarding your motivations and experience in sales.
    Next step is a video interview. ( I don't remember questions pretty basic though and you can re-record and preview questions beforehand which makes it pretty easy)
    Next step is phone interview where again they ask you basic questions.
    Next step is in-store interview with the store manager which was mostly behavioural questions (I got 4) and your availabilities and future plans

Interview Questions

• Recall a time in which you made a mistake and had to own up to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online Application, Successful candidates are invited to a series of online testings, if they are successful they proceed to a video interview, upon success they are invited to an Assessment Centre. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a final interview. The final interview involves a series of situational, behavioral and case study based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us Something that we cannot see from your resume   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

The AC went well, one of the team work was to design an online game and both of us did perfectly. The following week one of the supervisors gave me the positive feedback. Another two weeks later, the HR part just told me you were not able to go further to the final interview. The reason was just that you were not good as others and thank you for your good preparation with Telstra.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screening - when have you used the skills advertised in the job listing, why telstra, salary expectations 2. Panel - Mix of technical and behavioral questions relating to the role. Diving deeper into questions asked during phone screening. 3. Case study presentation - if successful after the panel, sent a case study to complete. Present this to the GM and Director of the BU with a Q&A that follows.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st over the phone with internal recruitment officer. Supposed to take 30 minutes, lasted over an hour. Situational type questions "tell me about a time where....". Standard screening questions that an experienced candidate should be able to answer with little to no preparation.