Telstra Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telstra in May 2011.

Interview

Got called by HR if interested.
Had panel interview with 2 managers and HR rep. Asked generic and behavioural questions. Went for about 1 hour.
Then had psych and personality questions/review I had to do Online.
Then had final interview with senior mgmt. Again behavioral questions and why I should be chosen and why I wanted to work there.
All up about 8 week process.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding information about a customer without contacting them.   Answer Question
  • Tell me what you think the job entails   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I was recruited through Telstra Graduate Program. I went through 2 rounds of interviews with different engineering team managers. They only asked very general technical questions such as what port numbers do you know, and some behavior questions such as what if you are working with someone who you do not like to work with.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions to test your personality and attitudes. How will you deal with other people who are giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra in September 2014.

Interview

Applied via Telstra career website. Received contact from Telstra HR after 3 weeks for Initial phone screening. Did an Online test one day later and proceeded to Second phone interview (behavioral). Telstra HR was very professional and friendly which eased a lot of my nerve. Received an invitation for a Face-to-face interview (behavioral and technical). It's crucial to practice behavioral questions based on your own experience and stories. The technical questions covered a rather wide span of areas so it's best to do revision as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you anticipated a client's need?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do research on current market pay for similar roles. Cal also ask HR what their budget is for the role as well and discuss from there.