Temple University Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

2.5

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was very impressed with the hiring process. Upon my initial posting for the job I heard within 2 weeks unlike my current employer. Great interview process. I will continue to apply for a jobs at Temple.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself going within the next couple of years.?   1 Answer

Library Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then follow up in person with developers, librarians, Dean, and HR. All seemed great until HR mentioned, after all interviews, there'd be drug screening. Ridiculous in 2017 for a developer, but something you've got to consider when applying to larger institutions.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

There is an A and B round, first eliminating by GPA and then by an in person interview. Overall the process is not too rigorous but GPA is a very important factor in differentiating candidates.

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Just coming in for a meeting in person to talk about what they would do as a worker at temple. Asking simple questions like if I would can handle the responsibilities fixing printers, fax machine, filling paper and changing ink.

Volunteer Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked the Professor about researching in his lab, looked at my transcripts and asked me a few questions about my course work and let me volunteer. that was it

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken?   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through HR website and was contacted about 10 days later by a senior in Admissions. Scheduled an interview for 5 days later. Interview consisted of a 10-minute presentation and a Q&A portion with 4 senior administrators. About a week later, I was asked to submit my reference list. Another week went by and I was offered the position after background checks.

Interview Questions

• What are some traits your co-workers would describe about you?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond when you are ask negative questions about the university?   Answer Question
    • What kind of work environment do you prefer?   Answer Question
    • What is an improvement you would like to see in the university?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Digital Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I am an Alumni and I received a call from a lovely assistant to set up an interview, the earliest slot was a few weeks later. I met with two directors, the questions weren't too difficult and they mostly just asked questions about my previous position. They said they would let me know at the beginning of the following month. That week came and went and I sent a follow up the next week when I still hadn't heard back, but received no response. A few weeks later my application status changed on the HR site to "no longer being considered" and I just happened to check the site again to see it. I was pretty turned off by the lack of communication as a human and as a proud Alumni. Hopefully this is isolated to that department.

Circulation Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with the managers and we had a 30 minute interview. They were nice and open and asked great personal questions. They inquired a lot about my past work experiences and tons of scenario questions.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Open to students freshmen - senior
    Brief
    Asked about previous experience working in office departments
    Asked about Microsoft Word, Excel
    Stressed organizational and communication skills
    Eligible for Work Study
    Described duties of position such as distributing mail, helping with attendance, and office filing.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining to communication skills & office work   Answer Question

Building Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked the typical questions given at an interview. Was a very positive expericance and I felt as though they wanted me to succed and d well. Very nice interview