Tempo Automation Robotics Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tempo Automation (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted them after an Angel List match. After a brief 15 min video Google Hangout with one of their co-founders they decided to call me onsite. The on-site lasted about 3.5 hours where I got a demo of the product (robotic pick and place platform) and met with several members of the team.
Questions were pretty generic and focused more on my projects. They asked me a few management and web tech questions which I found rather weird considering the nature of the role I was applying for.

There was no white-board coding and they explicitly said they weren't interested in conducting an interview in that fashion - which I felt was kind of refreshing considering the trend in the industry. They instead said they would look into my projects and my github to get an idea of my coding skills.

Overall, I felt it was a positive experience and had some good brain storming sessions with their engineers based on the problems they were encountering with the version 1 of their product.

They were very prompt in getting back to me on the day they said they would. Again, this was really refreshing considering the industry trend of dragging out candidate feedback. I really liked the company and the product but unfortunately I did not get an offer from them.

Interview Questions

• If a team member is not up to speed what would you do to make sure they perform ?   1 Answer
  • How would you store a web session for a chess game?   2 Answers