Tempo Automation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tempo Automation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tempo Automation

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tempo Automation in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted job application online. Got email from recruiter 3 days after asking for a 30 minutes online interview. Scheduled it in next day. However the phone call didn't come it the whole day. It came the second day! Then I was asked some basic questions about my experience and the fit to applied job. At last I was asked about my current compensation, which was not a comfortable question. I didn't give him any number and said it's too early to talk about numbers. Then finished the phone call. No follow up after that. It will be better if anyone give me a reason for that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your past experiences and why you think you can fit this job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tempo Automation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tempo Automation.

Interview

1) applied via StackOverflow, 2) 30 minute screen, 3) take-home-coding exam.

I submitted a take-home coding exam to Tempo with what I thought was pretty good code. I completed all requirements and also included tests. The feedback I got was surprising -- they mostly cited formatting and PEP8 stuff with regards to my solution. Feedback:

" whitespace on empty lines
        lines over 79 characters
        imports at a function level
        unused imports
        unused branches and statements
        misleading whitespace for keyword arguments to functions
        some tests that don't do anything
        some leftover debugging code"

All of these things can basically be told to me by using a Python linting tool (with the exception of "unused branches/statements" and "tests that don't do anything," which I explicitly told them why they are there in the comments).

Really pretty trivial stuff compared to the logic and overall approach to solving the problem. Importantly, this is a take-home coding exam, so I'm going to limit the time I'm willing to spend on it, so I focused on writing functional code, not necessarily production code. If they wanted production code, they should have asked for that.

Interview Questions