Tempur Sealy International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tempur Sealy International

2.7

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in May 2019.

Interview

brief phone interview with the hiring manager with very basic questions you can find about interviews then had an in person interview a few days later. Received a call back a few hours later and accepted my offer.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a lot to take in for a an hour interview.
    There were three different people that were representing the face of the company. I recommend a panel with structured so things do not become redundant.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy interview with basic technicals mostly behavioral. Just relax and talk with the interviewers. They are a super great team, just a slow work pace. Overall great work/life balance.

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their hr business partner who somehow had my resume and went in for an initial interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager, co-worker, then spoke with the hr business partner. All seemed well and I was very interested in the position.

Came back for a second round of interviews. Two of the people were completely scatter-brained and interrupted me each time I was giving an answer to ask another question. It was terrible and I get the feeling that there is no training for interviewing for these people. One of them didn't understand my work samples well enough to know what he was looking at, which was a bad sign. A third person was very organized and that went well enough. Met again with the co-worker then with the hr business partner again. We talked money a little bit and she was doing her best to find out how much I make currently. Fun fun fun. She also couldn't recall who provided their health care but did tell me that TSI won't provide health care coverage for a spouse if the spouse's employer offers any kind of health care plan. Anyhow, they told me they would follow-up and I haven't heard anything over a month later. They did not even provide me the detailed benefits information that was promised.

Would not repeat the experience and I have a bad impression overall. People who walked around the building seemed kind of downtrodden.

Interview Questions

• If you won the lottery and didn't need to work, what would you do with your time? (Seriously, what this has to do with the job I can't figure out. This is just a sample of one of the crazy questions I was asked.)   1 Answer
    • How much do you currently make?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online through my university's job portal. I was immediately contacted by a person in the department of the position who wanted to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and led to an on-site interview with three different people (separate interviews). All questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you were not going to complete a project on time, how would you go about handling it?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Initially applied for the position through my university. Afterwards, was contacted by the company for a phone interview, which only involved discussing my soft skills. A day later, I was contacted again for an onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I spoke with a director and a manager. The interview lasted about an hour, and nothing technical was mentioned. We just went over my resume and discussed soft skills further, as well as my interests.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you experienced in college?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was not asked many questions. Just basics like if I had heard of certain technologies. Interviewer did most of the talking. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with Office 365 of SharePoint?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

Two-step interview. One with the hiring managers as a group and one with the CTO. Looking for good communication skills, technical expertise, go-getter attitude, and team work. Pretty informal. The company is growing and needs people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Adjusted vacation time and relocation package. Base salary wasn't negotiable.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of questions about what their company should do.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current marketing and what should we be doing differently?   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

recruiter contacted me June 28th. Phone interview with manager on a Friday 29th followed by phone interview with team members on Monday. Then face to face interviews at corporate on Thursday: one with technical leads and hiring manager (5 people), one with director. The company put me up in a very nice Marriott resort hotel across the road from the office.

Interview Questions

• Asked to recap my experience and education, Tell about myself and interests. review my experience with the software I was to be using.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't sell yourself short. Research the market and ask for more. You never know where their top level is.