Tempur Sealy International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.7

Compensation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Not a problem with the interviews themselves. I had a phone interview before I had an in-person interviews most of the day on 4/10/17. I heard nothing from the employer for several weeks. Finally, I heard from the recruiter on 5/4/17 that they had hired internally. Until then I got zero feedback whatsoever. I was reimbursed for my travel expenses from FL to KY on 7/10/17 - three months from the date of the interview. This was after the recruiter inquired many, many times as to the status of the payment.

Interview Questions

• I got the impression in our phone interview that your skills were perfect for this job, but you were low energy. From seeing you in person, I have the same impression and I don't think you're right for the job. Can you convince me that I'm wrong?   1 Answer

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their hr business partner who somehow had my resume and went in for an initial interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager, co-worker, then spoke with the hr business partner. All seemed well and I was very interested in the position.

Came back for a second round of interviews. Two of the people were completely scatter-brained and interrupted me each time I was giving an answer to ask another question. It was terrible and I get the feeling that there is no training for interviewing for these people. One of them didn't understand my work samples well enough to know what he was looking at, which was a bad sign. A third person was very organized and that went well enough. Met again with the co-worker then with the hr business partner again. We talked money a little bit and she was doing her best to find out how much I make currently. Fun fun fun. She also couldn't recall who provided their health care but did tell me that TSI won't provide health care coverage for a spouse if the spouse's employer offers any kind of health care plan. Anyhow, they told me they would follow-up and I haven't heard anything over a month later. They did not even provide me the detailed benefits information that was promised.

Would not repeat the experience and I have a bad impression overall. People who walked around the building seemed kind of downtrodden.

Interview Questions

• If you won the lottery and didn't need to work, what would you do with your time? (Seriously, what this has to do with the job I can't figure out. This is just a sample of one of the crazy questions I was asked.)   1 Answer
    • How much do you currently make?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Archdale, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Archdale, NC).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Met with four individuals including the one that the job was replacing. That individual was very standoffish. Her attitude told me already I wasn't getting this job even before I met with the other three who were very personable. They were all in a rush.

Since I already know someone who works there I was prepared for something very different. The individual who told me it was a great to work for this particular company obviously didn't work too closely with these people.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to go above and beyond?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Fair and straightforward. They followed most of the protocol for a modern world class business. Started online, went to a phone screen with HR (who was incredibly helpful the entire way) and then onto face to face interviews with the production manager and plant manager. Both were clear and outlined what they wanted from the roll. After the interview they were quick to follow up and gave good feedback.

Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview and then another phone interview with upper level management. Once the interviews were done I got a phone call with the offer followed by a written offer.

Interview Questions

• Create and do a presentation on a topic - other questions were similar to any interview   1 Answer

Slabstock Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

When interested you submit and Internal application and proceed to hand it over to HR department, they are looking for passionate people and that have shown a good accomplishment in their careers.

Interview Questions

• Why would you fit this postion?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Initially applied for the position through my university. Afterwards, was contacted by the company for a phone interview, which only involved discussing my soft skills. A day later, I was contacted again for an onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I spoke with a director and a manager. The interview lasted about an hour, and nothing technical was mentioned. We just went over my resume and discussed soft skills further, as well as my interests.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you experienced in college?   Answer Question

DTC Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

You begin the interview process by sitting down with an HR Talent Acquisition Rep who determines if you are eligible to move forward with the remaining 3-4 interviews. The remaining interviews consist of a series of questions asked by a panel of interviewers (5 or more managers from various departments). Whether you have been with the company ten+ years, or are an external candidate, you will begin to feel as though you are applying for the TV Show, The Apprentice. The decision to hire or not hire tends to be based more on your interview skills than your qualifications, experience, knowledge and education.

Interview Questions

• How will you react if you do NOT get the job?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then had several in person interviews with the hiring manager as well as other staff and HR professionals in the office. The interviews were moderate in terms of level of difficulty. I went in well prepared. After all of my interviews, I received an offer.

Director of Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

hired thru a recruiter. Process took 3 months (since they were in the process of figuring out who would be staying from Sealy and who would not). They brought me back to Lexington 3 times and I interviewed with over 20 people from various departments in the organization.

Interview Questions

• We made you an offer and you accepted. It's now 10 years later...tell me what you're doing.   Answer Question